"Oh, please. You don't scare me." I stated. "I've been through enough hell."

"What the hell are you talking about?" One of the boys asked. "The only thing bad was your father's death." I clenched my fist.

"Your not involved." I shouted as I slammed my fist in his face. He stepped back and started breathing heavily. Madison placed her hands on his shoulders to calm him down.

"Avery, get back." Sam ordered. I rolled my eyes and stood my ground. The boy finally calmed down and thanked Madison.

"You're lucky. You would've been dead." Sam stated.

"Shut up, Sam." I growled. "Remember, I hunt you." My eyes grew wide at the realization. They were all warm, had short hair, and had the same tattoo.

"What the hell is she talking about?" One of them asked. I noticed Jacob was standing behind me.

"Shape-shifter." I mumbled. Everyone but Madison and Sam stared at me with wide eyes.

"You three." He said pointing to the three boys. "Take her back to Emily's place."

"No, first we go to my house." I demanded. "There is someone you should meet." I walked to my truck and got in. Everyone glanced at each other.

"Can we get a ride from you then?" One of them asked as they jogged to the truck.

"Hop in." I muttered. They cheered and got in. Jacob was sour about the whole thing. A boy climbed in beside me and smiled.

"Hi, my name is Jared Cameron." He said. Another boy got in beside him. He made Jared scoot over more to the point that our shoulders were touching.

"Avery Woodman." I said introducing myself.

"So I've heard." He said with a smirk.

"That punch was awesome." The other boy said. Weight jumped onto the bed of the truck. I flipped my hair and placed a hand on my chest.

"That's because I am awesome." I said complimenting myself. I heard a scoff from the bed of the truck.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves." A feminine voice said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and started up the truck. I pulled out of the driveway and bit my bottom lip as I began to think.

A few minutes later of driving, Jared nudged me.

"You seem troubled." He stated. "What's wrong?"

"You will see when we get to my house." I stated with a sigh.

"Alright, I am here if you need someone to talk to."

"Jared, shut up." The boy that I learned was name Embry. "Stop flirting with her."

"What would you do if you sitting next a girl?" He asked forgetting that I was right here. "A pretty one, at that?"

"Well, I wouldn't talk to her." Embry said. I cleared my throat to grab their attention.

"Yeah, guys." I said finally getting their attention. "I'm right here."

"Guys, stop flirting with Avery." Madison demanded. "Obviously, she is Jacob's."

"Oh, really?" I asked. "Last time I checked, he broke up the friendship." I smile when Jacob glanced at me. An arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Don't worry, I will be your friend." He said. I noted the fact that his arm was keeping me warm. "I can be any kind of friend." He wiggled his eyebrows. I laughed  and shook my head.

"No, that will not happen." I stated. A hand reached through the window and landed on Jared's shoulder.

"Hands off the lady." A stern voice said.

"Oh, come on." He whined. "Why can't I ever have some fun, Sam?"

"Shut up, Jared. What about that girl you were talking to yesterday?" Paul asked. Jared gave him a confused look.

"Oh right. Yeah, she wasn't interesting. But Avery," He stated. "Avery, here is interesting. Just my type."

"In your dreams." I stated which caused Embry to snicker. "Maybe another time, lover boy."

"Hey, at least there is another time." He said as he got even closer.

"Gosh, Jared. You're gross." Madison stated in disgust. I pulled into the driveway slowly and got into my usual parking spot. I placed the car in park and hopped out. The door swung open to reveal my mother with a confused look.

"Avery, who is this?" Sam asked cautiously. Everyone stood before me as I sighed. I pushed everyone back and turned to look at them.

"Everyone." I said getting their full attention on me. "Meet my mother."

--
Heyyyyy. How was this chapter? Hoped it wasn't too dumb.

Vote, comment, and follow.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie