Monsters

Chapter 9: Fake

I stepped out of the car and rushed inside the house. I ran upstairs and ignored Adam. I slammed the door shut. My feet carried me to my bathroom. I flicked on the light and looked at the mirror. I almost jumped out of my skin when I saw a note stuck on the mirror. I ripped it off and read it slowly.

You should've told him. -A

Who was this person? I shook it off and read the bottle. Take two times a day. One in the morning and one at night. I popped the lid open and placed a pill on my open palm. I moved around before placing it in my mouth. I grabbed a cup and filled it with water. I took a sip and swallowed. I looked at my reflection in the mirror carefully. I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom. My hand flipped the switch off as I curled into bed. My body was exhausted. I didn't have the energy to get up and change. I closed my eyes and felt myself slowly giving away.

My feet were planted down in the mud. My eyes were staring down at the ground. I looked up and noticed a wolf was staring at me. A strange creature that I have seen before. The wolf's coat was a sandy color. I tilted my head as I admired the coat. I pushed off of my feet. The mud made a slush sound as I continued to walk towards the wolf. I stuck my hand out causing the creature to walk back. I smiled slightly and waited.

"Avery, we need to get out of here." A deep voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Sam glaring at the wolf from behind me. I nodded and started to walk away.

"What is going on, Sam?" I asked. Sam glanced around then nodded his head towards the wolf. I watched the sandy wolf bound away from us. My smile turned into a slight frown when I caught Sam clenching his fists.

"We just need to get out of here." Sam demanded. He gripped my arm and started dragging me away. Footsteps were heard from behind us. I turned my head but quickly looked away. Sam pushed me to the edge of the cliff.

"Stay here." He ordered before taking off. I nodded slightly and watched him run off. I sighed and examined the cliff. Waves crashed to the edge. My feet moved to the edge to get a better look.

"Why don't you join me?" A voice said from behind me. I turned around and my eyes caught a black figure. A shiver ran down my spine as I continued to stare at the figure. My breathing picked up. My breathing started sounding like a panic attack.

"Oh, calm down. I am not going to hurt you. I am just trying to help you." The voice turned into multiple voices.

"How?" I asked through my heavy breathing. The figure came closer.

"Come join me." The voice said. Pressure pushed me back as my feet lifted off the ground. Wind pushed against my back as the figure seemed to get farther away from me. I realized that I was falling.

I jolted upwards and tried to breathe. My lungs screamed for air as I took in sharp breaths. I shook my head ferociously. The dream replayed in my mind. My breathing finally got controlled as I was working on controlling my mind. My eyes adverted to the clock to read the time. 10 o'clock was stated. I looked around and realized that it was the weekend. My windows were covered with drapes that caused the room to be dark. I slowly got up and went to the bathroom to take my medication. I popped a pill in my mouth and went downstairs. My feet dragged across the wooden floors towards the kitchen. I opened the fridge as my stomach growled with hunger. I pulled out some waffles and made my breakfast. The house was silent. Too silent.

-
I

went back upstairs when I noticed the bottle of pills sitting on my dresser. I was going to take a nap since I was exhausted. I hated the fact that I was tired now. I hated taking these pills.

"Maybe there is another way." I mumbled under my breath. I got myself dressed and ready to go. I grabbed my keys and ran out to my truck for the hospital.

-
I walked into the building and searched the floor for Dr. Angel. My shoulders slumped slightly when I realized that I have to go talk to the woman at the front desk. I went up and slapped my hands on the counter to get her attention. I forced myself to give her a big smile. She returned the smile and put down the files.

"Hello, may I help you?" She asked sweetly.

"Ah, yes. I am looking for my doctor." I stated. She batted her eyes slightly.

"Who is your doctor?" She asked as she placed her hands on the files.

"She goes by the name Angel. Doctor Angel." I said as I put my head in my hand. She gave me a confused look before she put her finger up.

"I will go check the files. Excuse me." She stated as she got up. She went into another room as sounds of drawers were opening filled my ears. She came back out with a worried look.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. She shook her head and gave me a fake smile.

"We have never had a doctor named Angel." She said honestly. I felt goosebumps on my skin. My skin going cold.

"You have never had a doctor named Angel?" I asked. She shook her head and looked back at me.

"I mean, we have. She died ten years ago by a car accident."

--
Hey, how was it? Hoped you enjoyed the chapter. Carry on with your lives. I will be using that song a lot. One, it works for the book. Two, I just really like this song.

Vote, comment, and follow.

~Katie