Monsters

Listen to song throughout the chapter, please.

Chapter 11: Shattered

I placed the phone back in my pocket as everyone stared at me. I forced a smile on my face and giggled slightly. Harry had his eyebrows raised as he waited for me to speak.

"It's my dad. He wants me to come home." I stated as I started bouncing my leg. Jacob sent me a worried glance. Harry nodded and stood up.

"I will run her home real quick and then be back." Harry said to his wife who nodded. Seth casted his father a quick glance.

"Can I come?" He asked with excitement. I shrugged and stood up as my hands started to shake. Harry nodded and started walking towards the front door. Seth shot up and ran up beside me. I started walking fast to their car. Seth stayed glued to my side the entire walk to the car. My eyes adverted to the boy who was grinning from ear to ear. I raised my eyebrows and shook my head. I hopped into the back, Seth following after me.

"You know, son. You could've sat up here with me." Harry said as he started backing out of the driveway. "I think you are scaring the poor girl."

"Are you scared of me?" Seth asked looking at me. I smiled a bit as my heart continued to pound against my chest.

"Not one bit." I said with a grin. He grinned back and looked back at his father.

"See, dad." He started. "She is not scared of me."

"You don't know if she is lying to you, Seth." Harry replied. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"I am not scared of you, Seth." I said. Seth nodded and placed his hand on his lap causing it to brush against my leg. His face turned red as I quirked an eyebrow.

"Sorry." He mumbled ashamed of himself. I patted his hand lightly and smiled.

"It's fine." I said accepting his apology. Seth smiled once again and looked out the window.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked. I told him my address as he nodded. "Great. Now, Leah and Seth know where you live."

"Yep, so if you guys are bored, just come on down."

-
Harry pulled up to the driveway and put the car in park for me to get out. Seth was watching me exit as Harry was examining my house. I opened the door and put my foot out. A scream was heard from inside the house. Harry, fully alarmed, shot out of the car. I ran out not even bothering to shut the door.

"Seth, call 911." Harry shouted towards his son as I banged on the door. I kicked at the door until it opened. I ran up the stairs as my heart pounded against my chest. I pushed the door open to my dad's office and saw a black figure holding my dad up by the throat.

"A-Avery, get out of here." My dad barely whispered. Blood was everywhere. I remembered every bit of my vision that haunted me. My tears welled up with tears as I started to scream.

"Let him go." I shouted. The vision came true. Everything was coming to an end. The figure dropped my father as he reached for the gun. The figure vanished in thin air. I shook my head as I ran to him.

"Avery, it wasn't your fault. Your mother's death wasn't your fault." He said. He held the gun to his head. I shook my head as tears leaked from my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I grabbed his arm. His finger hovered over the trigger.

"Get away from me." He shouted at my face as tears fell from his brown eyes. He stood up with anger burned in his eyes. He pointed the gun towards me. I moved back in a cowardly way.

"Fight it. Fight it for me. Fight it for mom." I said as I reached for my dad. He kept pointing the gun towards me. I shook my head and stood my ground. His face was red from the tears and anger he held inside of him. He returned the gun to his head and closed his eyes.

"I am so sorry, Avery. Forgive me." He pleaded. "I love you, Avery." He said. His finger touched the trigger. His hand shook causing the gun to shake violently. I picked up a picture frame and threw it at him. The picture frame didn't seem to bother him as he breathed in and out. I stood up and started running towards him. I threw my arms around him hoping that he would stop.

"Please, stop." I chanted. "I love you, daddy." I closed my eyes as I listened to his heartbeat slow down. I smiled at my success and sighed in relief. A loud bang filled my ears as his body went limp. My eyes shot open as I tried to hold him up. My knees gave out from under me as I started having a panic attack through my sobs. My eyes were staring at the lifeless body that was once my father who was my best friend. Hands wrapped around my waist as they hoisted me up.

"Come on, Avery. We need to get you out of here and let the cops deal with it." A soft voice said into my ear. I shook my head as I tried to slap the hands away.

"No, I don't want them to deal with it. I can deal with it myself." I said. The person sighed and picked me up bridal style. Cops rushed up the stairs and ran towards the room. I looked over the person's shoulder as I watched them run into the room. I closed my eyes and let the remained tears fall from my eyes. Fresh air filled my lungs. My eyes were blinded by many lights. I noticed the familiar faces of some people. Lizzie stood with Bella holding her hand. Harry stood beside Officer Charlie. I felt a lump rise in my throat. Everyone stared at me with sympathy. I glanced up to see who was carrying me. "What are you doing, Sam?"

"I told you, I am protecting you." He stated.

"I don't need protection. I need help." My voice cracked. I felt like I was being suffocated. Someone had their arm wrapped around my throat in a choke hold. Sam sighed and kept walking. Paramedics rushed inside the house. Hands gripped my waist and my legs.

"I will take her from here." A feminine voice said. The voice was familiar. My wet eyes glanced to the female as my heart started pounding.

"Alright." Sam said as he handed me off. The woman put me down but held my hand like a child. She dragged me towards Officer Charlie.

"I will take her to the hospital and make sure she is alright." She said. Officer nodded and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I am truly sorry for your loss." He said with sympathy. I tried to ignore him. The woman squeezed my hand and walked towards a car. She opened the door and shoved me in. I buckled in as my hands were shaking. She got in on the driver's side and started up the car.

-
The woman dragged me to a room in the hospital. She placed me in a room and patted a bed. I got up onto the bed and crossed my legs.

"I will be right back." She said as she walked out of the room. I watched her walk away before I jumped off the bed. I slowly walked out of the room. The woman was leaned over the desk as she spoke to the front desk lady that I talked to weeks ago.

"How is she?" The front desk lady asked with concern lacing around her words.

"She will get better over time." The woman said. She was staring at the lady. Her eyes looking into her eyes.

"I hope she does." The lady said.

"Keep on eye on her, will you?" The woman asked. The front desk lady nodded.

"Will do, Doctor Angel."

--
Hey, how was the chapter? Creepy. Doctor Angel is back? How? What is going on? AHH! Adam shot himself! Why Adam, why? So sad. Avery thought she saved her father. :(

Enjoy the song because it just fits with the chapter.

Vote, comment, and follow.

~Katie