Monsters

Chapter 13: The Wolf Packs

Days have passed by as I tried to adjust to an empty house. The funeral was held just two days ago. The Clearwater's have payed a visit a few times. It was nice because I felt like I was going insane. Leah started coming around and opened up a few times. Seth continued to be his happy self which made me feel better. Harry and Sue brought dinner over a few times and babied me like I was their own child. Sue was the mother that I never had the chance to have. Everyone was nice which made me feel much better. The only thing that kept me up at night was the note. Who the hell is 'she'?I wondered why the hell the note said it was from Adam. He died, right? Or is this all just a nightmare that I can't wake up from? My phone buzzed which upset me. I placed the tools down and wiped my hands. I picked up the phone but quickly pulled it away when a voice shouted through the phone. I stared at my almost fixed four-wheeler.

"Hello, Avery? You need to get outside and enjoy the weather. Come on down to Jake's house. The bikes are done and Bella wants to test them out." Lizzie shouted through the phone. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth.

"Alright, do I have to drive?" I asked not really wanting to drive.

"No." Lizzie said as she poked her head inside the barn. I pressed the end button on my phone and stared at her. She gasped when she realized I hung up on her. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my jacket. She took a glance around the barn but stopped to look at my four-wheeler.

"Does that work?" She asked. I slipped into the jacket and started walking out.

"No. Now, come on." I said as I jogged to Bella's truck. I jumped in and bumped into the brunette. She smiled causing me to smile back. Lizzie jumped in and slammed the door shut.

"We ready?" Bella asked. I nodded along with Lizzie. The truck started backing out of the driveway and made it on the road.

"Wait, what are we going to do about Jake?" I asked. Bella focused on the road and shrugged.

"We'll find a way." Lizzie reassured.

-
Lizzie jumped out with me following behind her. Lizzie got back into the truck and squished herself against her sister. I followed after her again and made room for Jacob. Jacob raised his eyebrows not really liking the idea. I smirked and patted the seat next to me. Jacob sighed and squeezed in next to me. The door slammed shut as everyone's shoulders were touching. Lizzie grinned and slapped the dashboard.

"Let's get this show on the road." Lizzie boasted. Bella glared at her sister.

"Don't hit the dashboard." She said in a stern tone. Lizzie rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Can we go? I don't like this." Jacob said uncomfortably. Lizzie laughed out loud as Bella started backing out.

"Aw, does Ave make little Jake uncomfortable?" Lizzie cooed. Red covered Jacob's cheek. A laugh escaped my mouth. Bella and Lizzie laughed along with me. The laugh surprised me since I haven't laughed for days. Jacob told Lizzie to shut up and looked out the window. I examined the road and the trees around. Bella started talking to Jacob as I tuned out. The truck was pulled off to the side as Bella jumped out. She ran across the road and started freaking out. Jacob got out while Lizzie got out on Bella's side. I decided to stay inside the truck since I had no idea what was going on.

"They are not actually fighting. They are just play fighting." Jacob said as he laughed lightly.

"What are they doing?" Lizzie asked. There were about 7 people standing at the edge of the cliff. A boy jumped down which made me more intrigued.

"They are cliff diving. It's a total rush." Jacob explained. Bella ran a hand through her hair.

"A rush?" She asked in a thoughtful way. Jacob nodded and continued to explain.

"That is Sam and his disciples." Jacob stated.

"What?" Lizzie asked confused. I continued to examine the group that were standing at the edge of the cliff.

"Embry called them hall monitors on steroids until he became on of them." Jacob stated. I glanced at him.

"What happened?" I asked. Jake looked at me then sighed.

"He started missing school then started following Sam around like a puppy. Same thing happened to Paul and Jared." He answered.

"Is that Peyton and Katrina?" Lizzie asked. My eyes went back to the people who were jumping off. Two girls jumped off holding hands. Jacob sighed before Bella turned around to look at him.

"Sam keeps giving me this look like he is waiting for me. It freaks me out." Jacob said as he shivered slightly. I raised my eyebrow amused.

"Well, nothing will happen to you." Lizzie said as she placed her hand on his shoulder. Sam was the last one to jump off. I watched as he dived straight for the water. I honked the horn causing the three to flinch.

"Come on, I wanna test these bikes out." I shouted towards them.

-
Jacob started explained everything to Bella. Lizzie was sitting on the ground while I was leaning against the truck. Bella nodded and pressed the gas. She pressed the gas a bit too hard which caused the bike to jump forward.

"Are you alright?" Jacob asked worried.

"Yea, let me go again." Bella said before she eased the gas a bit. The bike took off which surprised me a bit. She was going good but noticed something. She kept looking back like she was passing someone. I regained my posture as I watched the brunette on the bike with curiosity. I watched as she slowly started losing control of the bike. Jacob started screaming for her to press the brakes. I started running towards her as she flew off the bike. Jacob grabbed the other bike and took off after her. He passed me as wind whipped past me. We both got to her as she sat up. Jake jumped off in a hurry. Jacob reached for her as Lizzie ran up. She leaned over to catch her breath.

"Idiot." She mumbled under her breath. My heart was pounding as I examined her forehead.

"My gosh, you hit your head." I muttered as I lightly touched the gash. She winced and touched it herself.

"Here." Jacob said. He stood up and took off his shirt. I took the advantage to check him out. He bunched up his shirt and pressed it again Bella's head. Lizzie whistled slightly as she blushed. Bella kept staring at him like he was some kind of god.

"You're beautiful." Bella whispered. I laughed as Jacob smiled.

"I think you hit your head too hard." He stated. Lizzie shrugged and placed her hands on her knees.

"Or she could be speaking the truth." Lizzie said. I nodded my head in agreement. I couldn't deny the truth. Jacob helped Bella up and walked her to the truck.

"Let's get you home." He said before he ushered her into the vehicle. I helped Jake put the bikes back in the bed of the truck. Lizzie took the job of driving home while I sat in between Bella and Jacob.

"Well, this was an exciting day." I complimented.

--
Heyy. How was it? I am trying my best stay with the book. I have my own ideas for the main character. She will follow most things that happened in the book. OF COURSE, I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TWILIGHT CHARACTERS! Only my own characters. Credit goes to Stephenie Meyer.

Vote, comment, and follow.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie