Chapter 14 - A Dream

"You saw me in a dream, Cal?" I wondered, smiling.

"I did, yeah. I was dreaming about you before I began walking around outside.. I was dreaming that I was standing and waiting for the elevator and when it opened, you were there, holding your necklace from your chest just like I was. I thought it was funny because that's how we met in my dream. Our necklaces both were too hot because we were so close that we needed to pull them from our chests.

"I saw you and I instantly fell in love, but I woke up right after that. It was, you know, love at first sight even though I first saw you in a dream. I fell in love with you right then and there," he put his hand on my thigh and a smile crept upon his face. I kissed him because I didn't know what to say.

"That's amazing," I awed over his story. That was crazy because he saw me even though he hadn't met me yet.

"Calum, was it really me who you saw in your dream? Did the girl in your dream look like me?" I wondered.

"Definitely," he answered, "there's not a doubt in my mind that the girl I saw in my dream was you."

"Wow," my mouth hung open at the incredible thing that happened, that brought Calum and me together. Without that dream, he wouldn't have known that was me when I drove past and I wouldn't have bothered to notice him. I was just surprised at how things happen, and everything happens for a reason.

My parents and siblings were still shocked to hear Calum story. After a few minutes of trying to understand how that happened, we all got up and put our dishes in the sink and put the leftovers into containers.

Calum and I went up to my room for about an hour right after supper. We just sat up there and talked about the most random things.

"So when is your birthday?" I asked Calum.

"January 25, 1996.." He informed me, "and I know yours is March 5, 1996."

"H-How did you know that?" I questioned him, "there's no way you could know that. I haven't told you that."

"Well, when I was trying to find your name from your phone while in the ambulance, I brought up Siri and she told me your birthdate along with your name."

"Okay, I guess that makes sense. That makes more sense than you being a complete stalker and looking me up online to find out my birthday," I laughed, "I knew you wouldn't do that. I was just confused."

"How do you know I wouldn't do that?" He looked at me with a devilish grin on his face. He laughed and told me he was joking. I shook my head, wondering "what am I gonna do with him?" I laughed with him then.

"I promise you I'm not a creepy stalker," he smiled and put his hand on mine.

"How do I know you're not just covering for yourself?" I joked and smirked at him.

"Do you wanna look at my phone, just to make sure I'm not stalking anyone?" He laughed.

"No, I'm fine. I don't need to look at your phone," I laughed along with him.

"Kaylee!!!" Mom called from downstairs. I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room so that when I called, she could hear better.

"What, Mom?" I asked.

"Come down here, we need to show you something! Bring Calum!" Mom exclaimed.

"We're coming!" I told her and walked back into my room where Calum was still sitting on my bed. I grabbed his hand and pulled him off of the bed. "Come on, Calum.." I told him, pulling him up.

"What did your mum say?" He wondered.

"My mom told me to come downstairs, and she wants you downstairs too," I kept his hand in mine as we walked out of the room.

"Kay, does it matter that I say mum and that you say mom?" He questioned.

"Not really, I just think it's funny that you say it that way," I shrugged, giggling.

"Why is it funny? That's just my language," he pouted. I nudged his side and rolled my eyes at his obvious fake-pout.

We walked down the stairs and first arrived in the living room. My parents were all sitting around, and Mom had a video cassette in her hands.

"Mom, what's the tape cassette for?" I wondered.

"We found your baby videos!" She exclaimed, holding in the cassette that read "Kaylee Marie - 0 to 9 months".

"What? Why?" I was confused. I didn't want to watch them, especially in front of Calum.

"Kaylee, we're not going to watch them!" Mom exclaimed, laughing, "I just said that I found it. Why don't you come into the dining room with us?"

"Okay.." I looked at Calum who was behind me. He shrugged because he had no idea what was going on either.

"You know how we haven't been able to have a birthday party for you yet?" Mom wondered, standing at the door to the dining room with Dad, Kaven, and Kit right beside her.

"Yeah, what about it?" I wondered. Mom swung open the door to the dining room.

"Surprise!"