Chapter 6 - Hurt

*Kaylee's POV*

I woke up in the hospital, not sure of why I was there. The last thing I remembered was someone waving at me, someone that looked like the "Calum" that Mikey had described to me.

"Wh-Why am I here?" I stuttered, trying to ask a man with a clipboard and scrubs on. I knew he was a doctor. My arm was in a cast, at least that's what I saw when I looked down at my body.

"You were driving and you hit your breaks out of nowhere. Another car smashed into the back of yours. A young man with dark brown hair and chocolate eyes was holding you in his arms when the paramedics came. Do you know who that is?" He asked.

I then realized that my necklace wasn't warm, but it wasn't cold. I could hardly feel it on my chest. My mom had told me that when your necklace connects with your soulmate's, it no longer changes its temperature. My necklace must've connected with Calum's when he was cradling me in his arms.

"I know exactly who that is," I smiled, touching my necklace with my arm that wasn't in a cast.

"Well, what happened to you was that when you hit the brakes so suddenly, you flew forward, and the air bag didn't puff out when you did that because there was no contact to your vehicle. You were quickly pushed forward and when the other car hit yours, you were pushed farther forward without the airbag even stopping you. Your arm was broken because of the sudden stop when you were jolted forward and your arm was pressed against your dashboard, twisting it the wrong way. It will be okay as long as you keep the cast on for the amount of time that we tell you, which I'll have to check on that, but you'll be fine other than that," he put down the papers he was holding up on his clipboard and smiled.

"Thank you, but how was I knocked out? Why was I unconscious?" I wondered.

"When you were so far forward, the airbag blew in your face and knocked out. Airbags are very powerful," he sighed, "it's a pro and a con."

"Yeah," I nodded, feeling tired.

"I will be back in a little while to check on you again. I'll also be able to tell you how long you need to keep your cast on then," he informed me before slowly walking out of the room.

"Thank you," I smiled at him and waved slightly with my left arm, the arm that wasn't broken. How would I write with my right arm in a cast? I was right handed at everything. My right hand was the strongest. My left hand was really weak. I guess I'd just have to adapt to using my left hand. I sighed.

------

I must've fallen asleep for a while because the boy showed up in my room, and he was there when I woke up. He had the exact same necklace as me. This was my soulmate.

"Hi," I quietly said, trying not to cry. I'd gone through so much trying to find him, and here we were.

"Hello," he smiled. I melted when I heard his Australian accent. I'd always had a thing for guys with Australian accents. Who am I kidding.. what girl doesn't have a thing for guys with Australian accents?

"My accent?" He smirked, "you like it? I can tell. I like yours too. I've only heard you say one word, but I'm already in love with the accent. Los Angeles?"

"How'd you guess?" I bit my lip.

"I knew you lived in California, well, I figured. Plus, you have a pretty distinct LA accent, just like New Yorkers have their accent," he told me.

"Really? Is it that obvious?" I wondered.

"Pretty much," he nodded.

"Wow," I chuckled.

"I know your name is Kaylee," he changed the subject.

"And I know your name is Calum," I challenged playfully.

"How do you know my name is Calum?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I ran into Mikey Murphy. He told me our necklaces look the same, and he told me your name, that he had bumped into you too," I explained.

"Oh, okay. That makes sense. Siri told me your name. The paramedics wanted to know, so I asked her for your information," he laughed a little which made me laugh.

"When I held you after the crash," he began, "our necklaces connected.. I wasn't surprised. I was happy, really happy." He blushed and looked down.

"I would've been too.. I mean, since I wasn't conscious at the time," I sighed a little.

"I was just worried that there would be something severely wrong because I didn't know if you hit your head on something or whatever. I was just really worried. I didn't want anything bad to happen to you," he slowly grabbed my left hand with both of his hands.

"I'm glad I'm not hurt much," I nodded.

"I really like you, Kaylee," he grinned.

"I like you, too, Calum," I smiled.