Chapter 3 - Flights

*Calum's POV*

After a few days of being in New York, I told my parents that I wanted to go to California to try to find my soulmate. I knew she was there somewhere. I had no idea exactly where, but I would find her by walking around and seeing what my necklace tells me.

My parents encouraged me to go to California, and I was glad they approved. I booked a flight to California as soon as possible.

I packed up all of the stuff I had taken to New York. I had spent four days there with my family, and I had had a nice time, but I really wanted to go to California to try to find my soulmate.

My flight took off in the morning, at about 9. I couldn't wait because I would finally be able to meet my soulmate. Mali had just met her soulmate a few days ago, and I've heard her saying that they've been texting.

I had about a five and a half hour flight. Only about an hour into the flight, I could tell that my necklace was getting a lot warmer.

We were flying for a while, and once, we flew over the state of Illinois. Suddenly, my necklace got hot, and I had to hold the chain away from my chest for a little while. After that, it began getting colder and colder once again.

I was confused, and I had no idea what was going on. It was weird that when I landed in California, my necklace was the same warmth as it was in New York. That was odd.

I walked around, and when I walked east, I could tell a slight change in the warmness of my necklace. It was so hard to figure out what was going on.

I knew that my soulmate wasn't in California at the time. I decided to fly back to New York and tell my parents about what had happened. Maybe they could help me, then.

I booked another flight back to New York. My soulmate might've gone looking for me, too. She probably flew to the eastern United States to look for me, while I went to California to look for her.

My flight from California back to New York took a little less time than my flight to California took. This flight took less than five hours, and during the whole flight, I could tell that my necklace was getting warmer.

I thought to myself the whole plane ride how warm my necklace was getting. I was excited. My soulmate was definitely in the eastern United States.

As I landed in New York, I could tell my necklace was warmer than it had ever been before. It was crazy. My soulmate definitely wasn't too far away.

As I drove northwest towards my family's hotel to sleep that night, I realized that my necklace was a little cooler than it had been. My soulmate was probably south or southeast of New York. Maybe New Jersey?

------

After getting a good night's sleep, I decided to travel towards New Jersey. It took me a few hours until I was actually in New Jersey. My necklace got warmer and warmer until it got blazing hot, then began to decrease in temperature again.

I was getting annoyed with my necklace. I'd traveled to California,p to find my soulmate, then I realize she's not there, and that she's most likely gone looking for me? Now, since I was in New York, I drove to New Jersey where I thought she was. She probably figured out that I was in New York and began to drive there. I would bet that we were on the same highway at the same time, but we weren't aware of it.

I figured I'd let her come back to New Jersey. I stayed there for a night for her to realize that I wasn't in New York. She never came, and I knew that because my necklace didn't change much in temperature.

------

I waited for two days while in New Jersey. I finally decided I'd go back to New York to be with my family. If my necklace would seem to be just like it was two days ago, the blazing hot feeling I got on my chest that burnt, I'd stop my car and turned around to go the same direction she was going.

I began driving in the early morning of what would have been my third day in New Jersey. About one-quarter of the way to New York, my necklace got really hot, and I thought I would turn around and go back to New Jersey. I hoped I would soon meet my soulmate.

I got back to New Jersey about an hour later, and my necklace was still so hot that I wanted to take it off, but I couldn't. I went back to my hotel to try to figure out what to do. We were both in the same general area, but I had no idea which way to go.

I walked in the halls of the hotel to get to the elevator. I grabbed my chain and pulled it from my chest because it was so hot.

The elevator door opened, and standing in it was a girl, also holding her necklace away from her chest.