2: Dad's Approval

I woke with a gentle caress to my cheek. My eyes slowly opened, focusing on Ivy's long red hair and warm smile. I gave a tired nod and stretch, gesturing I knew what time it was. She left the room, leaving me to get dressed and ready myself for school. After brushing my teeth, washing my face and contemplating for a few minutes what I should do with my hair, I decided to just leave it as is and go to the kitchen for breakfast.
Ivy had already made my plate: Steamed broccoli with two small pancakes and a glass of milk.
Steamed broccoli, I know, right? Sounds disgusting... but Ives really has me hooked on healthy foods lately. I didn't used to like them until recently. I suspect she's drugged me with some concoction to make me eat my greens!

Breakfast finally finished, Cat walked me to school, making sure I had my lunch in hand as she left me to it. As I tucked the lunch box with cute butterflies on it into my book bag, walking through the front doors of the school, I was immediately smacked with the stench of useless mouth breathers. I looked ahead of me to see a pack of 8th grade girls following my close friend Damian as he tried to walk to his locker. With their disgusting laughs and repetitive insults, they reminded me of a pack of hyenas. And I guess I'm the lion, going after my cub.

I approached the girls, determined to get them to bug off.
"Leave him alone." I said sincerely with no hesitation, making direct eye contact with them.
"Piss off, ginger." One scoffed at my presence. As they continued to chuckle, I gripped my fist, ready to take action. I reached out and grabbed one of the girls shoulders, forcing her to turn around. Once she was facing me, I threw my fist to her face, knocking blood and spit out of her mouth. She slammed into the locker and let out a groan, hands cupped over her nose and busted lip as blood profusely poured out.

"What the fuck?!" A girl snarls. One girl went to help the one I punched while the other attempted to attack me. Her arm extended and she attempted to pull my hair, but I grabbed her arm, slamming my elbow against it and feeling the bones inside crack. She pulled away and screamed a horrendous, pained screech. I pushed one of the girls aside as I went for the one I punched first. On my tippy toes, I got in her face with my fingers wrapped around her throat.
"You ever come near my friend again and I'll slit your throat." I whispered with an expressionless face.
The girls finally limped off somewhere like a group of wounded puppies, all howling out in pain.

Eventually, Damian and I were called to the front office. As Damian was talking with the principle, I sat at the front desk alone, fiddling my fingers, waiting for my turn to be scolded. But as I sat there with nothing but my thoughts, a tall man with a long dark overcoat, purple pants and black dress shoes along with sunglasses and a stylish hat, walked in through the front doors. As he headed for the lady at the front desk, he noticed me and stopped in his tracks. With a wide smile, I jumped up and threw myself at him, wrapping my arms tightly around his torso.
"It's been too long, kiddo." He says. I looked up to him, noticing his green hair tucked under a hat.

"Are you wearing makeup?" I asked.

"Well, don't you think my pasty white skin would make me too obvious?" We both laughed.

"What're you doing here?"

He walked me over to the seats and sat me down. "Harley told me what happened and I came to eat lunch with you to talk but... What're you doing sitting up here in the office?"

"Well—" as I began to explain, the principle suddenly came out and called me to her office, my dad following me in with curiosity.

"So, Miss. What seems to be the problem?" He asked the principle.

"Oh, you must be... Mr. Valeska...?"

"The one and only." He flashed a wink.

"Right, erm... well, Destiny is no stranger to the principles office, are you?" She glared to me. "But I've never seen her act out quite so erratically before..." she paused.