Chapter 14: Bad news

Sam: "LIAM!"

She cried out his name, and then she ran towards him. Her speed and strength made it possible for her to run directly through the masses. The ones who stood in her way were even trampled down, or flew to the side.

J: "Sam!"

She didn't listen or think, she just ran. I ran after her, and I jinxed left and right. My anger and fear for Liam's life fuelled my powers, and the jinxes I threw were powerful enough to knock them out. Sam threw herself on her knees when she reached Liam. She didn't have time to check him, but she covered him as she shot down everyone within range. I reached them and helped her cover him. She turned to help him, and I concentrated all my power on jinxing the approaching soldiers.

Liam: "I hate fire."

Sam: "Why didn't you use your shield, you idiot?"

J: "Fire doesn't have kinetic energy, so his shield doesn't work on fire."

More guards were approaching. There weren't many left, but there were too many for me to take on by myself. I looked back at Sam and Liam, but Sam didn't look ready to leave him.

J: "Liam, can you create a shield?"

Liam: "I think so."

I stepped forward and turned towards the guards.

J: "Then do it! You two stay here, I'll take care of it."

Sam: "You can't take them all alone."

J: "I won't have to. I have backup. You heard that?"

W: "Loud and clear."

His voice sounded in my earpiece, and a second later I heard the sound of glass shattering. A lightning passed by, and then Wally was standing in front of me. He smiled to me and flashed away. A large group of soldiers were aiming their guns at us, but then Wally started to flash around them in circles. He ran so fast that the soldiers had trouble staying on the ground. He dropped them on the ground, and then he helped me with the rest.

Then it all just stopped. The last of them dropped to the ground. The noise stopped so sudden. I took a deep breath, and Wally flashed up to me. He was smiling as he looked around.

W: "Next time I help out here!"

J: "Sure thing."

We walked back to Sam and Liam. Liam dropped the shield and Sam fell to her knees breathing in and out quickly. I laid a hand on her shoulder.

J: "Good work."

Sam: "That sure was something else than training."

I smiled and offered my hand. She grabbed it and I pulled her up.

Connor: "Hey guys bad news... Damn... You must have been busy out here."

Connor came running out of the hangar and looked around, then he ran over to us.

Sam: "You're welcome!"

J: "What is it?"

Connor: "There was nothing in there."

W: "Not even on the computer?"

Liam breathed out disappointed and closed his eyes.

Connor: "No nothing."

My temper was rising and I clenched my fists. It couldn't had been for nothing!

J: "Did you check everywhere?!"