Chapter Nineteen

A few days later, I was feeling much, much better and I was no longer running a fever

A few days later, I was feeling much, much better and I was no longer running a fever. I had gotten a call from Andrea the day before, saying that the title went through and I was to meet her and the previous owner at the bank this morning, to officially sign all the documents.

After signing my name about a hundred times, I was finally handed the keys. My excitement was indescribable! I had been waiting for this moment for what seemed like forever! I had called the furniture store earlier and they were going to deliver all my things around 1PM. So, Logan and I still had some time to kill before I could really do anything with the house.

"What do you want to do?" Logan asks as we sit down in my car.

"I don't know... Wait, we could go find you a car? I mean, how are you going to visit me if you have nothing to drive?" I smirk.

"Well, then let's go." I put the car in drive and head down the street to the dealership.

"Is the bet still on?" I ask.

"What bet?"

"You know, we have to ask one of the employees if they think a Camaro beats a Mustang. But now, we're going to have to change the stakes since I've already been on a date with you."

"True, alright, how about if you win, then I have to do whatever you say for an entire day, but if I win, then you have to do whatever I say for an entire day."

"Deal." I agree as I pull into the car lot. I stop as soon as I see a red Camaro.

"Now that's what I'm talking about," Logan says as we exit the car.

He walks around the Camaro a minute before an employee comes over. They talk about mileage and all that jazz and then Logan takes it for a test drive. When he comes back, he's smiling ear to ear. He loves it.

"I'll take it." Logan quickly agrees.

"I have a quick question for you," I look to his name tag, "David."

"Of course." He smiles.

"So, I would really like your personal opinion here. You see that Mustang over there?" I ask, pointing across the lot.

He nods. "Yeah."

"That's my car. Now, do you think a Camaro beats a Mustang? I mean come on, look at that beauty."

He shakes his head. "No way, Mustang stomps Camaro any day." He adds as Logan sighs in defeat.

"Yes! I win!"

"Let's go sign those papers..." Logan adds as he and David disappear into the office.

I continue laughing as I walk over to Phoenix.

"We won the bet!" I squeal and get into the car. I pull over to the Camaro and wait for Logan. About a half an hour later, he walks out of the office, keys in hand. I roll down my window and smile as he starts to get into his car.