Chapter Twelve

I sat in my room the rest of the day

I sat in my room the rest of the day. Logan eventually went back to his office and I spent the day alone. I wasn't exactly sure what to do with myself, I tried reading a book, browsing the web, watching TV, but no matter what I did, my mind would always linger back to Logan.

I never even had the slightest idea of how he felt about me. I thought we were good friends and he would always be there for me whenever I needed him. I never expected this to happen.

I just wanted to leave Kentucky and be who I wanted to be.

The next morning, I waited until Logan left for work, then I called a cab to meet me at the front gate. I really needed to run some errands, without Logan. I knew he would be home for lunch, so I left a note on the fridge explaining my absence. Afterward, I grabbed my purse, locked up, and made my way to the base's entrance.

"Good morning, ma'am, would this be your cab?" A security guard asks.

"Yes, it would." He opens the door as I get in. "Have a nice day."

"Where to?" The driver asks.

"To the nearest car dealership, please."

"No problem."

I couldn't stand being locked in that house all day long, I needed a way of transportation and I intended to find one first thing. Before I left home, I transferred all my savings into my bank account, including Nick's life insurance policy. It was time to get settled in and I knew today was the day.

We arrive at a local car dealership, I pay the driver and walk around the lot. Before long, an employee comes out to greet me. "Hello, ma'am, my name's Sam, can I help you?"

"Yes, you can. I recently moved into town from out of state and I need to purchase a vehicle."

"No problem, anything in particular you're looking for?"

"Well, I definitely don't want a gas guzzler, but something relatively decent. I don't want an SUV or anything, just a car."

"Alright, do we have a price range?" He asks.

I think a moment. "No, not really."

"Okay then, well we just got this beauty in," He says, walking up to a white Toyota Camry. "She's very good on gas, she has a built-in stereo, leather interior, and heated seats."

"It's nice, but I'm not much on white. I was hoping for something with a little more- more muscle maybe?"

He nods. "Ah, I've got just the thing!" We walk over to a 2011 Ford Mustang GT. It's black with a silver racing stripe down the center.

"How much is it?" I ask.

"Twenty-seven thousand, a good bargain for a good car. She's got matching leather interior, heated seats, and a built-in GPS."