Chapter 24: Christmas Ball

Start from the beginning

"The Adventures of Sherlock Homes! Wow." Celestia was a bit worried, "I didn't know what to get you but I knew you liked books so I got you this. I have never really done this Christmas thing before. Merlin this was such a stupid idea." Severus smiled, "It's not stupid. You know when I was a kid I wanted to read this book but I never got a chance but now I do. Thank you Celestia."

"What a relief I thought you wouldn't like it." Severus smiled, "I have something for you as well but I think I will give it to you tomorrow before the Ball." They sat there talking for a few minutes as Severus told her about his stay at Azkaban aka Prince estate.

"I cant believe your grandmother how can she be so uptight? I think she needs to get laid...and I can't believe I just said that out loud!" Severus gave her a disgusted look, "Can we change the subject!" 

Celestia got up awkwardly and walked towards the window she stared out, snow had powdered over the trees and the lush garden didn't seem to be in sight, it was all pristine white

Celestia got up awkwardly and walked towards the window she stared out, snow had powdered over the trees and the lush garden didn't seem to be in sight, it was all pristine white. The moonlight shone on the snow making it brighter than ever. "Severus, look at this." Severus walked towards the window. "Isn't it just lovely.?"

"Indeed it is." Severus looked at the watch it was past 2am. "It's quite late I will see you tomorrow at the Ball, I have some work in the morning so I will be able to meet you only in the evening. You better save your first dance for me." He pecked her on the cheek and walked out of the room with the tray. Celestia couldn't help but smile. She laid on the bed but that night sleep never graced her she was too worried to sleep.

The next morning passed by in a blur she did make it through the afternoon with the very awkward and quiet lunch with Mrs. Prince since Severus had just disappeared somewhere! Also that senile witch made sure that Celestia remembered about the vow, to which Celestia only gave her a look of understanding. After that she had locked herself up in her room. Around 4 in the evening a knock came at her door. She walked and opened it. It was Carina she had a package with her, "This just arrived Miss, it's addressed to you." Celestia thanked her and took the package, the dress was here and so was her second gift for Severus, it was just a backup incase he didn't like the books. But to be honest Celestia had decided to go all out since she never celebrated Christmas she didn't want to be lagging in anything. She opened the package to look at the dress. It was so beautiful and elegant a rich navy shade with subtle embellishments. She sighed as she held up the dress in front of the mirror. She walked towards the bed maybe she could get a shut eye for an hour or so since she hadn't slept that night. She fell asleep almost  instantly.

Celestia saw herself sitting in her house she was younger much younger maybe 10 years old she saw herself looking in the mirror she was wearing a bright red dress with white frills she looked like mini Santa Claus. She twirled around. Suddenly the door opened and her mother walked in, "Sweetie, you look so cute. Come on now everyone is here for dinner!" Celestia rushed down into the dining room. The house was decorated so beautifully, even if it was a dream she could feel the festivity. She walked towards the dining table and sat on her chair. When she looked up she saw everyone staring at her then she could hear a loud argument in the kitchen it was her parents they were having another argument. She saw her grandmother get up and walk towards the kitchen. Celestia looked around she could feel their gaze hitting her. She was boiling in anger. Then there was a blank out. When she opened her eyes she could see her father been taken away by the aurrors. While her mother sat there. Celestia walked towards the door to see 7 bodies being carried out from her house. The entire neighbourhood was staring at them and some even pointing.