>leo<

A/N: Hi! This chapter is most certainly overdue, but I was away on a school trip to Europe. What does that mean for my little zodiac story? New ideas. I haven't settled on every detail for the wedding yet, so... It's a surprise for all of us, isn't it?

The month itself had been a course of rotten events, topped off with Cancer officially ending things with Gemini while residing in our home. She slammed the door shut in his face, leaving him alone in the rain.

It was unnecessarily dramatic, and that means a lot coming from me. I've read enough romance novels to know that when a guy drives to the other side of town to beg for you in the midst of a thunderstorm, it means he's sorry.

Then again, if he's ditching you for another chick, don't. Don't. Take. Him. Back.

The last scene concerning Gem and Libra sounded a little exaggerated when I heard it, but I'm sure Cancer had taken a lot to reach her breaking point.

At least the wedding would give us something to be happy about.

Cancer and I traded our morning greetings, as Aries was still asleep. I had nothing to do that day except plan things for the following week. Including but not limited to: wedding gifts, transportation and stay, depending on the yet-to-be-announced destination.

"Leo, could you possibly drive me to the boutique downtown?" Cancer asked, modeling some of my clothes she had borrowed for the weekend.

"Sure, why?" I asked halfheartedly, reading a short article on wedding etiquette.

"I got invited to be part of the planning committee... Miraculously."

I laughed a little. "I'm sure you'll be fine. Now, let me get ready and we'll head out."

Aries was sorting something out in the home office, and I figured I'd let him be until Cancer left. 

In my room, I searched my wardrobe for some quick outfit. Part of the top layer of clean laundry was a cream colored peplum top and in the pants drawer I whipped out some black leggings printed with large scarlet colored flowers. It works.

 With Cancer in the passenger seat, we drove to the little boutique. You could tell it was a big planning with all the Venus novas running around. I found a nice spot to parallel park for the moment and drop her off. 

Virgo came to the window as Cancer walked out from the other side.

"Hey! Who do we have here?" Virgo asked gleefully, a huge smile beaming as if there hadn't been a better morning in his life.

"Hi, Virgo! Congrats, from all the fire signs, we're so happy for you."

"Thank you," he nodded, still leaning on my car door. "Would you want to join us for the planning?"

Cancer stood a few feet behind Virgo and nodded with a hopeful smile. 

Feeling my stomach flip, I had a feeling I wouldn't be too welcomed by anyone other than Virgo in that committee, but I couldn't really say no.

"Me? I'd be honored." I replied, with as much confidence as I could display. 

And with that, I was the newest addition to the team. 

I sighed to myself in the safety of my own car before following Virgo and Cancer into the shop with a shy smile. You know the one. The one where you regretfully show your face in a place where everyone in charge has been done dirty by none other than you in some of your worse years.

I was truthfully sorry and prayed they all knew it. Then again, I had been invited to the couple's wedding, so they couldn't have been too mad.

"Leo!?" I heard two voices say, one a millisecond later than the other.

"I thought she'd be good help with all the planning we need to cover today." Virgo rocked back and fourth on his heels. 

"Hi, everyone." At this point, the novas had wanted to know what was the big deal and all eyes were on me. Great.

"Ok, whatever. It was high school." Pisces sighed. "Most of us had major issues to work out at that time right? I mean, I thought I was straight when I was 15." He laughed at the thought.

There was a still silence, awaiting Taurus' reaction. 

"I'm not letting this ruin my wedding. The past is the past. C'mon, Leo." She forced a smile that looked somewhat pained for a whole second.

I walked to the table where brochures of decorations and wedding sets were sprawled all over. 

"We're just looking to get an idea," Virgo explained, his eyes skimming the magazines to find the one he was looking for.

"After this, guys and girls will split up to look for dresses and tuxes," Pisces added.

"Sounds great. What theme are we going for here?" I asked, trying to act normal. How did Virgo think this was going to be a good idea?