>cancer<

Capricorn settled quickly, finding somewhere else to live in less than a month. That left my apartment all for myself, and Gemini, who enjoyed coming over but never staying long. He preferred getting us out of the house and giving me a break from my constant studies.

For a while I had excessive time to myself, which was nice to recollect, but I got a little lonely. Gemini had been caught up in Sag's drama, the latest episode which i had chosen to watch from a safe distance.

Gem had mentioned getting a place together somewhere in the nearby city, but since our last discussion the topic hadn't come up again. He had been rather distant, but I figured dudes need their space, right?

The only thing I did outside the house was grabbing dinner with Pisces. I guess it's not actually proper to "grab dinner", but it cheered me up a little. First we took a stroll in a mostly empty art gallery. It was fairly small to begin with, and due to the time of day, we were the last to enter and exit.

"Ooh, I've never been here at night before," I smiled, wrapping my sweater around me.

Pisces shrugged, "For someone who's scared of the dark, I go out at night a lot. I think the art appears different without the sun shining down on it."

I gave him a funny look but almost understood what he meant.

"You'll see," he shook his head, dragging me to the sculptures exhibit.

With every crafted masterpiece, I immediately associated it with it some sort of feeling or memory of my own, but I wasn't feeling it, like Pisces.

We passed by abstract artworks that towered way over our heads. They were columns in a variety if bold clashing colors that stretched from the floor to the ceiling in a stalagmite manner.

It reminded me of the pottery class I took with Gemini a year and a half ago. God, what I would do to have him here right now.

"You never stop talking about that dude," Pisces laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Did I say that out loud?" I gasped.

"Does that happen often or only when your lover isn't around?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure."

I felt the spontaneous textures of the column, not really focusing on the art. I felt anxious but confused. I glanced at Pisces to see if he could hear what I was thinking. I had almost entirely lost faith in my own mouth.

He was snapping a few pics of the art on his iPhone. Typical hipster.

Abruptly, he lowered his phone and gave a surprised look to whoever he was seeing around the corner. He tried to go back to his picture taking without drawing much attention, but I had already noticed.

I made my way to where he was standing and froze. I locked eyes with my beloved Gemini, who was walking beside his best friend Libra, but all too close. In a span of three whole seconds, all the pieces snapped together. Every party. Every decision he made. Every pre-date prepping. Who was by his side? Was he keeping her around to be more than a friend?

I felt so stupid. It wasn't long before tears were streaming down my face. Had he really been acting like that to go hang out with her? Wasn't she with Sag just a few weeks ago?

I caught a glimpse of Gemini trying to get into the museum to talk to me, but the ladies at the front desk holding him back. Pisces tried to grab my arm, but he had such a gentle grip.

This wasn't the first time Gemini had done something like this to me and I was beginning to theorize he wasn't taking me seriously at all. It hurt more than a normal relationship would. We were friends to begin with and he wasn't even thinking about me.

I needed time to react, but at that second I couldn't take it.

"Cancer please!" He shouted as I ran to my car.

I shut the door and faced forward as he tapped on the window. "Why do I do this to myself?" I cried. I drove straight home except for one minor obstacle.

That night, my car met the headlights of another late night driver. I woke up in a well decorated house the next morning.

"Woah, hello?" I called out. Weakly at first, and louder as my senses came rushing in.

"Shh, lay back down," Aries ordered. He came into the room, jogging, as if he expected a problem. Relieved to see I had just woken up, he was ready to explain everything I needed to hear.

Leo followed him, wearing a beautiful nightgown-robe hybrid over her pajamas. It flowed behind her as she walked, making her look like an absolute goddess.

"Last night, you got into a car crash," Aries began, standing before the bed with his arms crossed. He was shirtless with some sweatpants on.

Might I say 1.) This is the most attractive couple I've ever seen in my life and 2.) This is weird as flip because I haven't talked to Leo for a super long time. Or Aries for that matter. And 3.) Does this dude have a problem with shirts?

"The ambulance came, ok? Took you and the other person over to the hospital and let's just say they got it way worse than you." Leo cringed.

"Yeah," Aries nodded.

"They called us and said we, well Aries, was the first emergency contact you had under some digital profile and asked us to take you in for the night since you were 'just unconscious'. I guess the E.R. was busy or something."

The memory hit me mercilessly. With a sudden realization I shot a glance at Aries who was a step ahead of me. It was some sort of musical performance and I got hurt once more. Taken to the hospital once more. And at the time, Aries was my best friend and secret boyfriend because I wasn't allowed to date at the time. We shared everything and were such an unlikely happening, no one suspected it. Of course he was my emergency contact, although I guess I had never changed it. Stupid me. I swore to myself I'd recover in, like,  an hour.