>capricorn<

I had been craving change. This was my first year on my own and I wasn't truly feeling as free as I had been hoping for all these years. I needed my alone time or I would most definitely implode.

It doesn't take a genius to see that humans are naturally self destructive.

Maybe this was my time to tear myself apart. All this anger had been brewing inside of me for reasons I can't say. Stop rambling, Cap. Get it together.

I took a sharp breath, as if I had just surfaced from nearly drowning.

Goosebumps coated my limbs as the chilly night air brushed over them. I hugged my knees into my chest, zoning out while watching the small patch of lights before me. I loved watching the city from afar.

I'm vague; I'm distant. I spend my time admiring all these vast, pretty things and working for some unspecified goal. Half of the time I don't know where I'm going, but I know I have to work hard for it. I thought about all the people I've left for no valid reason. I wish I could tell them that it wasn't their fault.

I can never make up my mind. Capricorns are known for being the slowest sign, and that never fails to show. I'm always torn between what I want and what's right. The mature thing to do would be to get down and face the world, ignoring my own thoughts. On the other hand, the human part of me wants to run away and stay unforgiving.

I'm spiteful; I'm destructive. I like proving you wrong and catching you off guard. Everything I've been told I can't do. Why? Why can't I? I know it's selfish and it gets out of hand. I don't want you to stop me when I lash out. I'm not doing this for attention. I need to be alone on occasion. How can I tell you this? I don't need to show emotion.

Showing emotion is nothing more than a childish obstacle.

By this time my head was spinning. I felt my eyes get warm and my vision blurred. Tears began to roll down my face. Extending one leg forward, I helped myself up, trembling. With each step I felt more confident but doubt grew on me. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I let out all my hurtful thoughts in one bloody-murder scream.

I returned to my lounging place, laying to face the starry sky dusted with light clouds. The door to the roof swung open catching my attention. "Are you alright?" The planetarium worker asked cautiously. He did not wish to get involved and honestly, I can't blame him.

"Yeah, thanks for asking," I replied.

"We close in thirty."

"Don't remind me."

He chuckled quietly and went back inside. Sure enough, the door was opened again after a couple minutes. The light from inside outlined his silhouette.

He stood at the frame for what felt like forever, then cleared his throat. "Hey, Capricorn," he greeted me softly.

"I'm not gonna jump, you don't have to baby me," I told him.

He stepped outside with me and closed the door behind him. I could see his smirk flash before his expression straightened up again. He lay beside me, pausing, then trying to talk.

"Shh." I hushed.

"I was worried-"

"I'm fine. And I mean it."

He smiled, a full smile. And that's rare for Scorpio. He gave me a little kiss and checked my reaction. With a nod of consent, it went from there.

__________________

Although I was sort of planning to spend the night out on my own, Scorpio drove me home.

"Wow, I haven't seen your new place before," he scoffed.

It was a new apartment, closer to my university and rather nice for me living on my own. It was small, built between two old buildings.

I checked the mail, as I do every couple days or so (I forget so often, it's embarrassing) and unlocked the door. He followed me inside, where I felt along the walls, searching for the light switch while looking through the letters in my other hand.

I turned on the light over the dinner table, leaving a nice glow in the kitchen. I sat on the counter and Scorpio stood before me, giving me a kiss on my jawline every time I placed some bill behind me. Placing my hand on his chest, I found a small envelope that caught my attention.

"What's this?" I muttered, opening the fold and pulling out an invitation. I later realized the smile on his face as I read the reasoning in the nice font. 

"Taurus and Virgo... Wedding... JOIN?" I read under my breath to myself, choosing a few select words and phrases to share with Scorpio.

He laughed a faint chuckle and said, "I knew a couple days ago, but I wasn't sure if you'd gotten one yet or not."

I raised a brow in question. 

"I mean, if you weren't going it wouldn't mean much to me. I've never spoken to the bride before. That's a lie actually."

"Wait, what?"

"I called her to ask where you might be. When you totally isolated yourself from everyone. That was very cute of you by the way."

"Aw, you think so?" I gushed falsely, matching his tone of sarcasm. He scrunched his nose to mock my expression.

"But anyways," he shifted his weight to his other foot, still blocking me from getting off the counter. He sighed and got down on one knee. "Would you... Care to join me for this wedding ceremony?"

Laughing, I nodded and he stood up, pretending to wipe away tears. "I thought you were going to say no!"