five | making it out

Hialeah, Florida 📍
Brie
8: 50 am

The next morning Brie wakes up feeling hot and suffocated. She opens her eyes and finds Rj's head resting on her chest. He's awake, scrolling through his phone.

He looks up when he feels her moving and sees that she's finally up. "Good morning, bae."

A smile forms on Brie's face at Rj's words. He recently stated referring to her as bae and baby and she kind of likes it. It makes her feel like Rj is starting to take the two more seriously which causes mixed emotions for her. On one hand, it makes her happy because Brie has been single for a while and she does enjoy Rj's company and the things he offers her. But it also means commitment, which is something she struggles with.

After years of abuse at the hands of men close to her, Brie struggles with accepting that not all men won't hurt her or walk out on her. She also worries about her daughters safety. She has never left Rj or any other man alone with Lani because she fears the things that happened to her, with and without her mothers knowledge, would happen to her daughter.

Brie stretches her body to the best of her ability with Rj on top of her. She runs her hand over the length of one his locs. "Good morning."

Rj scrunches up his nose, "Stank booty breathe, go brush your teeth girl." He pinches his nose and waves his hand.

Rolling her eyes, Brie shoves him off her and pulls herself from the bed. Looking around the room, she grabs a pair of shorts that's laying on her dresser.

"Where's Lani?" She questions as she pulls the shorts up her meaty thighs. The extra large shirt that she wore to sleep completely cover her bottom but she can't wake around the house pant less with Kyrie around.

"I think she out there with your friend." He responds watching her every movement from the bed.

Brie can't help but suck her teeth. She wishes the two would stop all the fighting and just get along, which she knows will never happen.

"Mch mch mch." Rj mimics back. "We wouldn't have no problems if you wasn't telling her everything little thing that happens."

Brie sighs heavily touching the side of her head. "Rakeem please, it's too early for this."

There is so much on Brie's mind and the last thing she wants to do is argue with Rj. She needs to talk to Gia and see if Kyrie texted Amir yet and talk to Mrs. Siler, not this.

"I'm just saying, if you wasn't going back and telling her all our business it wouldn't be no problems."

Rj continues talking but Brie chooses not to engage. Instead she leaves the room for the bathroom across the hall. While in the bathroom she relieves her bladder along with doing her morning hygiene routine. Soon enough she's finished and heads back to her room to put on clothes for the day.

As soon as she enters the room, she falls to the floor as pain races through her face. Brie presses her hand to her stinging cheek and looks up at her attacker.

Rj roughly grabs her by her shirt, snatching her off the floor. "When I'm talking to you, don't walk away from me. I already told you bout that dumb shit." He says calmly like he didn't just slap the taste out her mouth.

Brie harshly pushes out of his embrace and sends a slap back to him. "And I told you bout putting yo hands on me."

In spite of what Gia and others may think, Brie has never let Rj treat her like a punching bag. They always go hit for hit but he's bigger and stronger than her. Although her hits hold power behind them, Rj's boxing background allows him to be able to take a hit.