CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - The Bet

Start from the beginning

I was just about to snort but Tyson beat me to it. To our surprise, it turned out that people liked the idea and for the next twenty minutes or so Joey proclaimed himself for a bookie. Tyson and I on the other hand spent that time unsuccessfully trying to ignore each other.

“Oh, come on! It’s not hat bad!” I stated after yet another quarrel.

“No that bad! Not that bad! How exactly is this situation not bad?” He practically shouted at me.

“Look, all we need is a distraction…”

“All I need is a drink,” he muttered.

“I got it!” I shouted excitedly and made a run for the kitchen. Or at least tried to because a certain somebody was cuffed to my arm and that somebody, not knowing that I wanted to move, was now glaring at me from the floor. I looked at him surprised that I had forgotten about our little new “connection”. But what got me even more astonished was the fact that I had actually managed to pull him off the couch and onto the floor.

“Oops!” I exclaimed sheepishly.

“Oops,” he repeated calmly… too calmly. “You make me stumble to the floor…” He started getting up and rubbing the thigh on which he had fallen “… and then all you say is “oops”.” Tyson was now looking at me with his face completely washed out of any emotion. “I’m going to murder you,” he declared so quietly that I almost didn’t hear him over the music.

“Before that can you at least listen to my idea? I bet it will cheer you up.” He looked at me skeptically so I added: “It involves alcohol.”

“Okay, let’s hear it!”

Well, that seemed to have perked him up.

*****

Tyson POV

“Remind me again why are we doing this?” I queried, looking at the shot glasses in front of us.

“Because I wanted to try it for a while and now seems like as good time as any and I pretty much challenged you to it,” Alex recited with way too much enthusiasm at which I groaned. But it was true; all she had to do was tease me a bit and I agreed to her dumb idea. How come I fall for her tricks so often?

“Fine. Let’s just get it over with!” I grumbled, reaching for one of the drinks.

“Not yet! I asked Joey to play that song. I want to drink them while I listen to it,” she announced just as Tubthumping by Chumbawamba began to play.

It was not amongst my favorites!

“Get ready!” The brunette ordered, tucking her long hair behind her ears to get it out of the way.

I get knocked down but I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down

I looked at the drinks again. Why did I have a bad feeling about this?

He drinks a Whiskey drink,

We both gulped our whiskey shots…

He drinks a Vodka drink,

…we went for the vodka…

Here We Go Again ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara