Chapter 14: Observe and Report

Lydia Perez was a special agent with the FBI who was assigned by her superior to work closely with the LAPD to help them catch Stony and her crew and take them down. Nick and Detective Palmer didn't like the fact that someone from the FBI would be any interested in their case but seeing as Stony committed federal crimes among other felonies, Lydia will do whatever it takes to pursue the matter and bring her up on all the charges and sees that she rots in prison and to never see the light of day again. She wanted Stony just as badly as Roman and Palmer did. Stony's crew wasn't important to her not at the moment. Stony was the one she was after but seeing Angela leaving her house in a hurry and seeing Trey leave before her was raising her suspicions. Lydia assumed that Angela could be working with Stony. She got a call from one of her contacts in the FBI to see if she was on the case and staying on top of things which she was. Lydia may have been working alongside Roman and Palmer but she had her own agenda on this case and having a personal vendetta against Stony. Lydia's call with her FBI contact got cut short when she was receiving another call from Lt Holbrook, telling her to report back to him. Lydia got all the intel she needed for now and drove back to the precinct. Angela had arrived to back to Downtown Federal to meet up with Ronald Coulson about the account. Making her way inside inside in a bit of a haste, she seen Ramona approaching her telling her to go straight to Keith's office as he was expecting her two hours ago. Angela knew what this was about but didn't want to think about it. She simply walked to his office and closed the door behind her. Keith ordered her to sit down and he immediately started talking. He wanted to know where she was and why she ignored his phone call. Angela started to believe that he was onto her but how would he know about the heist and her involvement in it without giving herself up. Keith was telling her about the heist and that he went to see Detectives Roman and Palmer about it. They're pretty close to getting Stony and her crew. Keith hasn't talked to Stony since the other day at his place when they had sex. He wanted to pretend like nothing was going on between them but he would be lying to himself. Angela hopes that the police catch them and they pay for their crimes and tells Keith she has to go meet Ronald before he leaves. Angela apologizes for being late and never letting it happen again. She leaves Keith's office to go to her own and sees him waiting for her. Ronald shakes her hand firmly and asks him to sit down and finish closing the account. Ronald sign a few papers that Angela had given him and the deal was done. Angela was glad he made the right decision and was looking forward to doing business with him. Ronald agreed and shook her hand before leaving and Angela insisted on escorting him out. Ronald told her he can see his way out and he made a surprise move in kissing her, which definitely surprised Angela has she didn't see that coming. Ronald asked her if they could grab dinner sometime. Angela was silent for a few minutes as she was still dwelling on the kiss she just gotten from Ronald. Angela snapped out of her daze and told him yes. Ronald gave Angela his business card which had his personal cell number on the back. Angela tucked the card away in her desk and Ronald left smiling. Angela closed the door and was blushing like a schoolgirl getting kissed by one of her clients but didn't want to get close or make things complicated as dating him would be a total conflict of interest and could jeopardize her career at Downtown Federal. Seeing Trey back in town after serving 10 years in prison was starting to bring back old feelings but she knew she had to keep her distance and not get drawn back into his shady lifestyle. Angela wasn't fully aware of Trey's plans and what his agenda was but she wasn't gonna get involved and doesn't think there would be a chance in hell that they could possibly reconcile. Angela liked being single and she enjoyed her freedom but that didn't mean she was happy. She hasn't dated anyone else other than Trey in over 6 years and was hoping for a change and maybe Ronald could be somewhat of a distraction and take her mind off of Trey. Angela got Ronald's business card and locked his number in her phone. Angela's office phone rang and it was Ramona telling her that a detective was here to speak to her. Angela made a confused and worried look as to why a detective would want to see her for and she knew that something was wrong. She quickly left her office and walked into the lobby and seen the detective. The detective was Lydia Perez, who showed Angela her badge and it read FBI. Angela grew worried but didn't show her emotions. Lydia had a few questions to ask her regarding the case she was working on with Stony and her crew. Lydia wanted to speak to Angela in private so they went to her office. Ramona had seen Keith and was looking at Angela and Lydia talking. Ramona told him that that Lydia was FBI and wanted to speak to Angela. Keith had no idea what was going on but he was certainly gonna get to the bottom of this and find out.