Chapter 9: A Most Wanted Woman

Detective Roman had gotten word that Stony fled from Cabo and is back in Los Angeles. Lt. Holbrook is beyond furious that the federales let someone like Stony Newsome escape their grasp and now has to take matters into his own hands in asking Roman to put out an APB on her and that she is to be taken into custody and inform the media that's standing outside of the precinct she's extremely armed and dangerous. Holbrook wants this to be a full priority case and telling his unit they won't be getting any sleep tonight until Stony is in police custody and behind bars. Detective Palmer assumes that Stony may have came back to LA to rob another bank and disappear for good this time which Holbrook agrees. Roman is skeptical of the assumption as she couldn't travel all the way from mexico to Los Angeles just to rob a bank. Holbrook dismisses what Roman is saying and instructs him and Palmer to track her down. They agree to do so and leave rushing to get in the car when reporters are scouring all over the place looking for answers. Holbrook goes outside and handles the media circus and gives them very little answers as he wants to be discreet about the situation and yells at Roman to tread lightly on this and Roman nods and drives off. Keith returns to Downtown Federal to finish his quarterly reports for the month when he walks inside and sees a breaking news bulletin that Stony Newsome evaded pursuit of the federales and crossed the border, making her way across state lines back to the US where the federales lost jurisdiction. The news reporters announce about Stony's past and how she was a connection to the numerous bank robbings, including Downtown Federal and bringing up the losses of her old crew and her slain brother who was shot and killed by police when they mistook a champagne bottle for a handgun. They inform the citizens of LA that Stony is armed and extremely dangerous and anyone that sees her is to notify the LAPD and speak directly to either Detective Nick Roman or Lt. Holbrook. The news anchors end their broadcast and return to a show that's already in progress. Keith is a loss for words and heads straight to his office to finish his reports until he is stopped by Angela who asks him what he thinks about the news coverage regarding Stony. Keith doesn't act too surprised, even though he's aware of the situation and hopes the LAPD catch her. Angie knows that Keith and Stony used to date and she lied about who she really was and only dated him to rob Downtown Federal and had to get closer to him to do it. Keith tells Angela that it's none of her business and appreciate if she kept that piece of information to herself. Keith goes into his office and slams the door while Angela gets back to work. She doesn't know what's going on with Keith but one thing is for sure, she was worried about him and needed to find out what's going on with him. Angela decided to take her lunch break and ask Ramona to cover for her until she got back. Angela grabbed her purse and left and unlocked her car using her keys and got in and drove. Angela wasn't going to take her lunch break. She was going to look for Stony. Stony arrived at Black Sam's house and to his surprise, was expecting to see her and Annalisse and Bianca were waiting for her to show up. Annalisse and Bianca knew Black Sam after Stony's disappearance to Mexico and they've been tight since. Black Sam had a major crush on Annalisse but she liked to play with his head thinking he had a chance with her. Black Sam was ecstatic to see Stony and welcomed her back with open arms as did Annalisse and Bianca. Stony wanted to cut their reunion short and get down to business. She wanted some serious heat from Black Sam and he had the best weapons to offer. He showed Stony his latest shipment which contained AK-47s, machine guns, barettas and much more. Stony grabbed the first thing she saw which was a Desert Eagle, the same one that Cleo used and told Black Sam to go to the shooting range and do some target practice. Black Sam walked Stony to the gun range with Bianca and Annalisse following right behind them. Stony put on her goggles and her headphones and begin shooting targets. She shot several times point blank range, not missing a single shot or target. Annalisse and Bianca were excited to see her in action and Black Sam had guns to give to them to practice also. Stony continued to shoot and made her final shot at the target, aiming for the head. She pointed her gun at the target's head and with no hesitation, she shot the target. Stony was in full assault mode and knew that the LAPD would be looking for her and she would be ready for them. Stony had lost everything once when her brother got killed and her crew but now Stony was a woman with nothing to lose.