Chapter 4: Detective Nick Roman

LAPD detective Nick Roman enters the precinct after conducting interviews with the press for the shooting that took place and tracking down the bank robbers responsible. His partner, Detective Palmer tells him that Lt. Brooks, their boss wants to see him in his office right away. Nick sighs as he knows what this is about and slowly walks to his office and is asked by Brooks to close the door behind him. Lt. Brooks is aware of the situation and wants it resolved as soon as possible and apprehend the suspects and to use deadly force if necessary. Nick nods his head, agreeing to what he's saying and tells him he has no leads yet but is working on it. Brooks shows him an old newspaper showing Stony and her old crew robbing Downtown Federal and assumes that this will be the next bank that the robbers hit and that it's been nearly 17 years since the fatal Downtown Federal robbery which resulted in TT, Cleo and Frankie killed. Stony was the only one who made it out alive and Brooks knows that she's hiding in Mexico somewhere laying low. Brooks wants to inform the federales and let them know that Stony is a wanted fugitive by the LAPD and has to be brought in. Nick tells Brooks that she only escaped because the police wrongfully murdered her brother, which Brooks is aware of but still doesn't change what she did as she was a willing participant in the robberies. Nick can't bring her in on old charges since it's double jeopardy and the statue of limitations has expired on the crimes she committed. Brooks ignores Nick and tells him to find the robbers while he calls the federales and inform them about Stony. Nick leaves his office and shuts the door. Nick tells Palmer to come with him so they can get a lead on the robbers. As they are leaving, Keith pulls up in front of the station and gets out his car to try and stop Nick to get his attention. Nick turns around and sees him. Keith identifies himself as the bank manager of Downtown Federal and would like to know if his bank is the next to get hit by the robbers he's looking for. Nick tells him he can't disclose any information regarding the case as it is ongoing and will get back to him when he has a lead. Nick hands him his card and leaves. Keith watches the two cops leave and heads back in his car going back to Downtown Federal. While driving, he picks up his phone to call Stony but the number is disconnected. Keith throws his phone down on the floor and continues driving.