IX.

The air is thick and makes breathing more of a job than anything else. Moist sweat forms and sits in my pours while I start to peel open my eyes that feel like heavy curtains. My head pounded against the flat pillow they laid under me for comfort but it didn't help much. The mattress was flatter to the floor then I would have liked causing an ache in my back to throb up and down my spine.

My body so weak that keeping conscious was proving to be difficult. My muscles were paralyzed from any movement no matter how hard I tried to move just my finger. Muscles unmovable and the headache pulsing against my skull brought a sickness that festered in my stomach.

My mouth was dry from the heat outside of my body causing me to sweat. Looking down at my arms I saw the same IV inserted into my skin. My eyes trailed up the tube that was attached to a bag of clear fluid that I no doubt knew was the host of my sickness.

Voices that were blurring together conspired a few inches from the closed curtain that served as a door. I did my best to concentrate on what they said but was only getting parts of the conversation. I couldn't keep the two voices straight and was frustrated by this. Why was it that I couldn't concentrate or differentiate one voice from another?

"She needs to be transported to the showroom by tonight." One voice spoke that was gruffer than the other.

Mustering up as much strength as I could I output a small whisper, "Harry!" The attempt to call out for him was small and pathetic. Again, I whispered out his name hoping that even though it was impossible that Harry would hear me.

"How long do we have?" The other voice asked, this one more dark. This showroom they were speaking of put me on edge knowing that I could not fight against them. I was confined to my mind because of the lack of control I had over my body.

"We are leaving here at seven with a load." The more gruff sounding voice spoke. Able to zero in a little more on the two voices I did my best to fight the symptoms I was experiencing. Concentrating heavily on the conversation happening outside of the curtain my nerves only became more escalated.

My stomach churned at the words. I couldn't be transported to this so-called showroom, Harry had to find me. I had no concept of time from the lack of a clock or windows and as a result wasn't sure how much longer I had left. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know how long I had been here, it could have been hours or days and I wouldn't have known the difference.

Closing my eyes fully I took in deep breaths the best I could in efforts to hold down the vomit I could feel biting in the pit of my stomach. There was no time for me to be emptying my stomach all over myself from being unable to move, I needed to keep breathing.

Curtain rings were being pulled open from the sound effect it was making. Startled noises coming from a few when the curtain was pulled to the side. The steps came closer and closer to where I laid in pain. My heart picking up from the person just outside my curtain, I wasn't ready to be taken away. Then again I don't know if anyone is ever ready to be put in a situation that I was in.

The rings of the curtain slid across the rod holding the fabric up to reveal a pair of pale green eyes and messy brown curls. He comes in close getting on his knees to the side of my bed, about to pull the needle from my arm.

"Harry!" I whispered to him with tears brimming in my eyes. Relief coming over me like a wave, my stomach becoming calmer to the sight of him.

"Hey!" Someone called from behind Harry as he was about to pick me up. I looked from behind Harry to see a man in a leather jacket with a bald head about to pounce on Harry.

Not even giving it a second thought Harry turned around before the security guard was able to reach him. Hand reaching for his gun tucked under his waistband Harry pulled the trigger on the man who threatened his rescue attempt.