XXVIII.

"You are irresponsible! Why would you ever put Mia's life at risk like that?" Niall's voice rose when Harry helped me inside. I was completely paralyzed and shaking from what I had just done, I had just killed two men.

"It wasn't Harry's fault!" I shouted irritated already from hearing Niall yet again blaming Harry as he had before when he found me in Harry's bedroom. I was tired of all of this, I had reached my breaking point with the entire situation. " I wanted to leave, I couldn't handle another minute in this house! I can't do it!"

Dropping Harry's hand that I was grasping to by my side I came towards Niall with dark eyes. I felt like I had just gone through hell when it came to my emotions. I had experienced more than a normal person in just an hour. I was tired of others placing the blame when it was really my fault.

"Mia, I know you are trying to protect Harry because you feel something for him but, someone like him can never love you. Harry isn't capable of love, he is a highly trained assassin, you are only a job to him." I clenched my teeth as soon as he let those words carelessly fall from his mouth. Harry had told me that over and over again and now Niall who knew nothing about our relationship comes in here and says this.

"And what makes you think you know everything, Niall?" My jaw clenched and fists balled by my sides. Rage and fury over what Niall was saying heated my bones.

"Why don't you ask Harry yourself if you don't believe me!" Niall's eyes darting to Harry who stood with all his emotions hidden under those beautifully pigmented jade eyes. He hadn't said a word since Niall and I had gotten into this.

"Harry?" I whimpered his name looking at him through a blurry vision caused by the little tear droplets to brim and fall. His eyes fell on me and gave me no expression whatsoever, he was completely emotionless.

"I'm sorry Mia." Was all he said to me. Going into complete shock my body began to feel the effects of being paralyzed once again. Time had frozen and I was stuck in this whirlwind of heightened emotions, my heart beating in my ears as my gaze stayed on Harry.

"I'm sorry you got the wrong idea about Harry, Mia but that's the reality of things. He doesn't have the ability to care about you." More tears were brimming my eyes as Niall went on to say these things. He was only making everything worse by going on about nothing, my heart was aching and breaking in my chest.

"You know.." I stumbled over my words as I turned back to Harry. "I actually believed it. I actually believed you and that's the saddest part of all this because I should've known better." I sniffled turning my head and whipping around. Making my way up the stairs to my bedroom I could feel their eyes on me through the thick air.

Finally getting to my room I slammed the door shut to give myself the privacy I needed in a time like this. I was stupid for trusting Harry with my heart, I trusted him with my life but my heart was something completely different. I had trusted him to protect my heart but he only crushed it in his hands.

Walking to the other side of the room I slid down the wall until I was scrunched up in a ball letting my tears free fall down my cheeks. The emotions swallowing me up because of one thing, by something so stupid. Him. Harry.

I've never known real heartbreak until now sitting here with my heart literally ripping apart. The heartstrings in my chest slowly and painfully tearing themselves apart. Crying into my knees I shut my eyes and shook my head trying to ease away the hurtful words had said to me about Harry and I. I tried to forget the way Harry was utterly emotionless when Looked up at him for a confirmation that Niall was wrong about him. I tried to forget the words he said when I spoke his name, "I'm sorry Mia." Was he really sorry?

Wiping away some of my tears I saw the black water smear onto my hand as I did so. My black mascara that coated over my lashes streaking down black streams. Laying my head into my knees I sniffled lightly until my crying slowed and I felt mostly numb. The silence of the room burning my ears until I heard a light knock on the door.

I don't bother answering it but rather just keep my head down. Most likely it was either Niall or Harry and I didn't want to see either. I found more comfort in being alone than being in the company of Harry or Niall.

"You need to pack your things, we are leaving within the hour." The low raspy voice spoke and from there I knew it was Harry. I didn't respond nor did I move from my position, I didn't feel the need to.

"Mia..." Harry sighed deeply conveying more emotion in his voice now that it was only us two alone. By alone I mean Niall isn't in hearing distance.

"Don't." I croaked out weakly with a voice unsteady it was beginning to falter.

"Mia what he said isn't true. You know how I feel about you." Harry said coming over to me as I revealed to him my tear-stained cheeks and reddening eyes. Standing up to my full height even though Harry was still taller than me.

"I'm not so sure I know anymore," I told him a weak voice I tried to get back. I must have looked pathetic to him, I felt that way. I was throwing myself a pity party and maybe I was justified I don't know.

"Don't say stuff like that." Harry's temper beginning to flare from my words.

"Harry I'm tired! I'm tired of running! I'm tired of feeling like you don't feel the same way about me as I do for you." I sniffled feeling the same hot tears again boil in my eyes looking at Harry now.

"Why are you believing what Niall says?"

"Because what he has said is something you have said Harry, you have told me multiple times that I am only a job to you. So prove to me that you are capable of caring for me." My eyes concentrated on Harry as he sat momentarily in the silence that you could cut with a knife.

"That's what I thought." I shook my head about to turn away when his hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me into him. Our bodies crashing against each other as Harry held my face in his hands, attaching his lips to mine.

-September 24, 2016