May 10th, (aka the worst day of Scout's life) Wednesday

"DETENTION!?" Scout asked, facing Mr. Nite. "You CANNOT send me to detention. I have a reputation!"

"Well, you've been SLACKING off in my math class," Mr Nite said. "Scout, 2 + 2 does NOT equal fish!"

"Please Mr. Nite, those doodles of you burning to the ground were AN ACCIDENT."

"And is this RENAUD making out with the Eiffel Tower?" He asked, flipping through his sketch book.

"Okay, THAT one's funny." Scout laughed.

"Scout, you are excused from Gym. Detention is in the Auditorium Room." Mr. Nite said.

"Mr. Nite- I...." Scout made his best puppy dog face.

"Well Scout, you can take your sketches and baby eyes to detention."

Scout scowled, but left for detention.

Everyone was free from Scout until History. He was finished his detention by then, and the most shocking thing happened in class"Alright Class," A very unfamiliar excited man stood in front of the class. "My name is Mr. Whitman, and I'm-"

"A murderer!" Scout stood up. "You killed Mr. Pen! That's why you didn't start class for 15 minutes, because you were busy hiding the body! So, where'd ya hide it, you monster?"

Suddenly, everybody noticed that Mr. Whitman had red hands, sword, and he was dripping sweat from head to toe.

Mr. Whitman stared at Scout, before he burst out in laughter. The class started laughing, too, all except Scout.

"Oh Scout,- I..." Then he continued laughing. "It's for our-ha ha-project! First of all I am a substitute, that means TEMPORARY The sword was to show a real mid-evil sword, and I'm sweating because my son was finger-painting, and I had to clean it up and rush here."

Scout could feel his cheeks burn up. He felt so embarrassed. And the worst part was Renaud was laughing his stupid french laugh. Even Mumbles was laughing.

Finally, Lunch came, Scout sat with Layna Avril, a girl who had no where to sit so she had to sit with Scout, basically she just ate her lunch and nodded to everything Scout said.

"So I'll be COMPLETELY honest and UTTERLY truthful when I say, I am 100% popular at this school, maybe you've never heard of me, but you must be new here then...because I'm like, the TALK of the town...er School...and I'll let you on a little secret, I DO NOT have a partner for the Spring Romance Dance, so...you are one very lucky lady, because you are just about to be asked if you'd like to go to the Spring Romance Dance with this guy, yeah...all brains and all bronze, you cannot go wrong with me, this is like, bein' told you won the lottery, so I'm givin' you a free ticket to PERFECTION with Mr. Me. So, you probably need to take it in for the fact that this ISN'T a dream, and you DID just get invited to DREAMWORLD. Yes, I know, I know, you need a moment. The chance of me asking you to a dance, is like, 1%, but this is RARE, baby, learn it. And I'll be honest, if you have to-"

"Um, pass me the napkins?" Layna asked.

Scout sighed, before snatching a napkin with his fist, landing it in front of Layna. She wiped her mouth, then left.

'Why do I even bother. Everyone wants to go with the french guy...nobody ever says, I wonder if Scout will go with me, who am I kiddin', I'll never get a girl.' He grabbed the broom then started sweeping Layna's mess. He wanted to get her attention. "Hey Layna!" He shouted. "Watch this-!" He came to sweep but accidentally fell over it's handle and fell right into Layna's ketchup pile.

Suddenly, Renaud stood up from the PPP (Perfect Popular People) table and yelled, "Look, even the BROOM doesn't like Scout!" Everyone stared at him and laughed. They laughed harder at Renaud's insult.

"I BET IT LIKES ME BETTER THAN THE RICH, SELF CENTERED FRENCH SNOB!" Scout yelled. He tried to pull himself up, but just fell over again. He landed in the messy ketchup again,and it made a SPLOOSH sound.

Everyone laughed harder, even Layna.

"I bet you're gonna go with Renaud, too!!!" He screamed at Layna.

Suddenly, he saw Miss Pauling talking to Mrs. Wuff, the food server. When suddenly, she saw Scout and began laughing.

That was it! The moment Renaud stepped into the building, Scout's luck vanished. Renaud ruined everything!!! Layna would've totally went for him if RENAUD hadn't ruined everything!

Scout suddenly, pounced on Renaud. Shocked, Renaud fought back. They hit each-other, punched, kicked, yelled, they HATED each-other. Scout was humiliated. Scout was punished by RENAUD. Scout ran to his locker, snatched his baseball bat, and whacked Renaud in the stomach.

"Scout, I can't believe you! You beat up a student!" Scout's mom said, angry. They were in the car, Saxton called her to pick him up.

"I'm sorry Ma," Scout said. "But Renaud's a no-good girlfriend-stealing selfish jerk."

"He may be, but he's french. And you can't hurt french people. Or anyone else...but now I'm gonna be called Scout's mom."

"Isn't that your name already?"

"Yes, but now it's gonna be Stupid Scout's mom. I'm not stupid, you are. But you know what I mean." Scout's mom sighed angry, then said, "Scout, when are you gonna grow up? You haven't changed since you were five, you're STILL a violent, mean little kid."

"When Renaud learns to be a civilized person." Scout muttered.

"Well, I've just called Renaud's exchanged mother, she said it would be splendid for Renaud to come over on Thursday after school and tutor you in some french."

"No. you. didn't."

"I did. And when are you gonna clean your room? Scout, this is the fifth time I've told you today!"

When they parked in the drive way, Scout just had three words that could never be answered. What. Just. Happened.