three

luke woke up the next day with a smile on his face. he and calum had talked until midnight when luke started to get tired and calum told him to get some sleep.

life seemed to be looking up for him.

luke rolled over, unplugging his phone and checking the time.

1:36?

luke didn't have work that day so he expected to sleep in a little later then yesterday but usually he was up before ten to make breakfast for his siblings.

he shrugged to himself, maybe one of the others did it.

after a few more minutes of peace, luke got out of bed. he fell asleep in his socks the night before so walking across the concrete floor of his bed room was much more bearable.

opening his wardrobe, he grabbed an oversized lilac sweater and tugged it over his head. it went halfway down his thighs so he opted out putting on pants.

trudging up the steps, he was met with the giggles of his siblings as well as another voice. luke was confused for a moment before he realized that that voice could only belong to one person.

"mum!" luke rushed into the kitchen, almost tripping over his own feet on the way.

"morning, baby boy." liz grinned, hugging her son."or should i say afternoon since it's well past morning."

"sorry, i was up late last night." luke apologized, grabbing a cup of coffee and taking a seat beside ben.

"yeah. up all night having phone sex with calum." emmaline giggled making luke glare at her.

"who's calum?" liz asked, completely unfazed by the thought of her almost 17 year old son having phone sex with another boy.

"he's just a friend." luke explained, "and we were not having phone sex." he glared at emmaline who smiled up at him innocently from across the table.

"you should invite him to go to the zoo with us today." liz suggested, taking a sip of her coffee.

"we're going to the zoo?" grayson asked, excitement clear in his blue eyes.

"yeah. we're leaving at 2:30." liz nodded, smiling at her youngest son.

"zoo! zoo!" paisley cheered, her brown hair unbrushed and knotted.

"do i have to?" michael whined.

"yes, mike. this is a family outing. we're all going."

"but we have football in a half hour." jack said, gesturing at ben and himself who were both in their jerseys and cleats.

"you two can skip one game, i'm sure."

"no, mom. we can't! this is our last game before tournament. we have to be there!" ben said, standing up from the table.

"fine." liz sighed. "go to you game."

"yes!" jack jumped up, high-fiving ben and running out of the house.

"be home before dark!" liz called after them.

"we will!"

"if they don't have to go, can i stay home?" michael asked hopefully.

"no. you're going."

"fine." michael huffed, dumping out the rest of his coffee and leaving the kitchen to get dressed.

"luke, can you get grayson ready for me while i help paisley?" liz asked, setting her own mug in the sink.

"yeah, sure."