one

"oh my god, stop it!" luke squealed out a giggle, kicking calum under the booth they were sat at.

"no. you look adorable." calum grinned, holding his phone up to luke's face. he had the snapchat dog filter on the blonde boy making luke look even more adorable.

"i hate to break this up but i have ya'lls food

"i hate to break this up but i have ya'lls food."

calum looked up from his phone, noticing the waitress smiling down at the two.

"sorry." luke said sheepishly, staring down at his hands.

"it's fine, ya'll are cute." she said, patting the boy's shoulder before setting down their food.

calum had gotten a bacon cheeseburger and luke got strawberry french toast since he didn't have much of a breakfast.

when the waitress left, luke dug into his food not noticing how calum smiled fondly at him.

"you're beautiful."

luke looked up when hearing calum speak. the boy was staring down at him, his burger long forgotten. deciding to keep his cocky persona up, luke smirked. "i know."

calum's grin faltered slightly, not used to not having some sort of effect on people. it seamed that everything calum said, went right over luke's head.

"you know, most people would say thank you." calum said, finally picking up his burger.

luke sighed, letting his cocky facade crumble. "i'm sorry, calum. m'just not used to being complimented so nicely. most boys just say i'm hot, fuck me then leave. being overly confident is the only thing that prevents me from getting hurt."

calum took a bite of his burger before setting it down again and standing up. luke thought he was getting up to leave but was surprised when the brunette boy sat down next to him and pulled him into his chest. "i'm not going to hurt you, i promise."

"don't. don't promise me that." luke said, pushing the boy away.

"why?"

"there's no such thing as kept promises. promises are lies." luke said under his breathe.

"you sure have a lot of baggage, don't you?" calum laughed making a small smile appear on luke's face.

"yeah. that i do."

"what happened?" calum asked, brushing luke's blonde hair out of his eyes.

"what do you mean?"

"i mean, who hurt you?"

"who hasn't?" luke chuckled sadly.