So that's why, when Niall is distracted and he has to go to another floor within the building, Harry decides to call the board. Craig Summers is their chief executive and he's basically the main guy above Harry. Despite the fact that it was Harry's company and he practically owned the place, he needed somebody who kept everything in check, including himself.

"Hey, Harry! How's it going?" Craig asks cheerfully, from other end of the line.

"Hey, Craig, I'm good thanks and you?" Harry asks, politely in return.

"Yeah, I'm good." Craig replies simply.

"Hey, Craig, I have a question for you."

"Yeah?"

"Do we still have that relationship policy?"

"Yeah, I think we do. How come?" Harry gulps dryly.

"Oh, it's just out of sheer curiosity. Can you run them by me again? Just to make sure." Harry suggests patiently. There's a deep sigh at the other end of the followed, followed by a few shuffling of papers and Craig clears his throat.

"Our relationship policy includes opposite sex couples and same sex couples. Any colleagues under the impression of a sexual relationship will be warned and/or suspended until further notice. The higher up the colleague, the further damage it will cause. The lower the person, will be warned and kept as record for future references which could jeopardise their future career if they decided to take any further role." Craig finishes and Harry bites his lip, thinking thoughtfully.

"Anything else?" Craig adds.

"No, that'd be all. Thank you."

"Anything for you, Styles. Take care."

Harry hangs up after that, finishing the call. He runs his hands down his face in exasperation and by this time, Niall has returned to his desk. With his door still stood ajar, the blonde boy flashes Harry a radiant smile before sitting down at his desk, leaving Harry feeling nothing but guilt.

- - -

"Ready to go home?" Harry asks hopefully, appearing by Niall's side at his desk. He was just off the phone and was now tidying up his desk. The office was quiet and the lights were off and the cleaners were here. It was that late in the office. Niall looks up at Harry with a gleaming smile and switches off his computer.

"Yeah, just a sec." Niall sighs, reaching for his coat that hangs on the coat hanger and he slips it over his shoulders. "Let's go." Niall grins and they head out of the office, a feeling of relief lifting off their shoulders. Niall drives them both home to Niall's flat and when they enter, Niall switches on the lights, throws his keys in the key dish and they go straight for his bed, not bothering with dinner.

They cuddle up on the bed sheets, just like they do every night. It's become a habit for the couple, a good habit at that. It seems that it's the only time they can be themselves; just enveloped in each others' arms without a worry in the world.

Harry couldn't stop thinking about the phone call. He knew he made things worse by calling the board but he was worried. He was worried for the sake of Niall. Niall had worked so hard to get where he is now and Harry didn't want to be one to ruin it all, despite how much he cared about him.

He knew though, that somebody could find out. It was just an accident waiting to happen, wasn't it? He couldn't do that to Niall. He couldn't tag Niall along like that until he got hurt, until they both got hurt but it was Niall he worried about most. He was only a small lad, fresh out of university with the world at his feet. Why did he have to be a lawyer? Why couldn't he have been a painter, or...or a writer? Harry had been so taken by Niall since the day at the day they met, since the interview. It would almost be cruel, an insult not to employ him. He couldn't help himself.

It was then, that Harry realized, he had feelings for the older lad. They were small, yet they were definitely there. Perhaps it was just a crush but he couldn't describe it. He had no words to describe the first time he kissed him, the first time they dated, the first time they held hands...It was like a firework had exploded off inside Harry's body, his stomach doing back-flips – the good ones. It made Harry feel happy. Like, after all these years of being who he was, Niall was the glue that kept him from falling apart.

To him, meeting Niall for the first time was an adventure – a milestone, a part of his life he'd never forget. He was like sunshine on a rainy day, a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. His laughter is music to his ears and his eyes hold the entire night sky. He was intelligent, fun and witty. Everything Harry ever needed in life and he had it bad. It was then, he realized that Harry was thinking too hard. Niall was trying to get his attention and he had been quiet since they had crashed on the bed – which, to Niall, wasn't a good sign.

"Harry, you all right?" Niall murmurs, not bothering to look up.

"I, uh...I called the board today." Harry admitted in defeat, clearing his throat a little. Niall swivels round and decides to look up at him.

"Oh?"

Harry couldn't do this anymore. He couldn't continue on, pretending everything was fine when he knew all he was really doing was hurting Niall even more. It wasn't right, Harry couldn't be selfish like that. He wasn't. He had to tell him.

"Baby, we need to talk."

____________

Vote, comment, follow.

Feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you.