Chapter 17.

Harry sits in his office, his door stood ajar. He has a smile plastered across his face as he types out his e-mails. He could listen to Niall talk all day. His thick, Irish accent was infectious in the most sweetest way possible. The tone of Niall's voice starts to rise and that's when Harry realizes that his boyfriend was shouting down the phone, arguing to somebody at the other end of the line which elevates concern to the curly-haired lad. He minimises the tabs on his lap top and pushes his chair back, stepping round his desk so he could go and investigate. The tone of Niall's voice gets louder with every approaching step Harry makes and by the time he's reached Niall, he can hear the conversation clearly.

"I understand that, sir but I need the confirmation e-mail so I can approve the invoice, otherwise I can't authorize the payment." Niall says patiently but at the same time, he sounds a bit agitated. Niall looks up at Harry when he seems him by his side and flashes him an innocent smile.

"Problem?" Harry counters and Niall whimpers softly.

"One moment, please, sir." Niall says politely and he takes the phone away from his ear, placing his palm over the mouth piece of the phone to block out the conversation between Harry and himself.

"It's one of your clients, Harry. They want me to pay a payment of an invoice but they've only sent me two e-mails. I need the third confirmation e-mail so I can authorize the payment." Niall explains sheepishly and Harry chuckles knowingly.

"Allow me?" Harry offers, holding his hand out to the phone which Niall gladly hands over to him.

"Hello, who am I speaking to?" Harry asks politely, his voice low and deep. Niall could only faintly hear the person talk on the other side of the phone line so he waits patiently while Harry spoke.

By the end of the conversation, Harry has asked to speak to speak to the clients' manager as his client had practically forbade himself to hand over the confirmation e-mail. After the small threat, the client was more than willing to send the e-mail to Niall and the conversation ended in a snap of a finger.

"There you go. Sorted." Harry says cheerfully, hanging up the phone.

Quite frankly, Niall is amazed. Harry basically had everyone eating out the palm of his hand, Niall included and he had no shame whatsoever in admitting that. Despite the fact that they were both dating, it would never cease to amaze Niall how much power and control Harry had. By being that type of person, it was clear that you got a long way in life and Niall had to remind himself about Harry's reputation. Harry's reputation had already dropped slightly since the moment Niall had arrived in the eye of the press and people began to speculate that they were dating. They had to be careful and of course, Niall was aware of this.

At work they keep their PDA to a minimum, like they had done at the restaurant with Louis but for Niall, it was getting more difficult each time. At least now, neither Liam nor Jen were under the suspicion that they were a couple. They had each decided between them that they were just really close friends. Moreover, after their little "incident" with the storage cupboard, they had reduced their detours as well. It was hard for both of them they must as admit, especially literally working right next to each other. But they cared so deeply about each other, which they did, they knew that they could get past it.

Harry had to keep himself in check, though. He wondered how far he'd have to go until somebody actually found out about them and in the end, somebody always did. There was always someone right around the corner, someone keeping a close tail until they exposed them and everything was ruined. Harry was sure he'd make none of this happen. He couldn't risk this at all and he certainly didn't want his and Niall's career being jeopardized because of it.