Chapter 26.

The next day at work, Niall heads to his usual place at his desk.

It's another normal day.

Another normal day for he and Harry.

Except it isn't.

He had just made himself a mug of eat when the reception doors swing open and Harry's boss walks in. He has only met him once before, at a sort of private party and Niall is sure he hadn't left a very good first impression because he hadn't managed to hold his liquor well at all that night.

Nevertheless, he was here. Here in the flesh and Niall is scared. Niall is scared because he assumed he's already seen the leaked picture by now and that's what he wanted to talk about. Niall's heart is suddenly hammering against his chest and his palms are sweaty with nerves. Harry's boss swiftly walks past Niall's desk, with anxious glance toward Niall and he pushes the door open to Harry's office, closing the door behind him.

This can't be good. This really can't be good. It'd only been a day since the picture was leaked and he was already here, surely that couldn't be coincidence?

Their asses are on the line.

Niall gulps and pulls at the short strands of his hair, wetting his lips as he glances nervously at Harry's door. Harry's boss is only in there for ten minutes before he finally comes out although to Niall, it felt like he'd been in there for what feels like forever. He comes back out holding the newspaper in his hands, the newspaper of he and Harry together.

Shit.

"Niall, a word please?"

Oh, God.

This is it. He's getting the sack. This is the end of his career. He is kissing his job goodbye, saying goodbye to Harry. He pushes his chair back and stands up, taking his mug of tea with him for something to hold onto for dear life. He can't really remember Harry's boss' name – mainly because he was more than drunk the last time he met him and Harry and Harry had assured him that he wouldn't be meeting him again any time soon.

"Sure." Niall manages. He stands up and walks round his desk, following Harry's boss out the office. They stand at the top of the stairs landing, facing the wide and open glass windows, making Niall's pale complexion look golden against the early summers sun. Niall holds his mug tightly with two hands, his arms pressed against the metal banister of the stairs.

Harry's boss starts to unravel the newspaper so it's revealing the picture of the couple.

"I need you to explain this for me and be honest, Niall." He starts.

Niall's heart leaps into his mouth. His palms are sweating against the hot tea and his stomach is churning badly. This isn't good. This doesn't look very good at all.

"It-" Niall clears his throat dryly, "It was just a one off," Niall manages. The man's face softens ever so slightly and his furrowed brows disappear.

"A one off?" He repeats.

"Yeah, it was just a one-time thing. We thought it would be...be fun, I guess. But it won't happen again."

Gosh, Niall hates this. He hates lying, he hates lying with a passion especially after ranting off to Harry about lying about the picture being leaked in the first place. He feels like such a bloody hypocrite.

"Did he force himself on you?" He blurts out.

Niall's eyes widen and his eyes are big and blue a fucking ocean.

"No."

If he's being honest, he's a tad offended by that questioned because and everyone else in the whole bloody planet knew that Harry isn't that kind of person – and never will be. Harry is kind and gentle and he'd never do that to someone. He's careful and caring and he'd never force himself onto someone who said 'no'.