Chapter 3.

Niall is exhausted by the end of the week. That's an understatement. His head aches from all this new information and he's never been so glad for when Friday finally comes around. Niall is currently sitting at his desk, waiting for Harry to call him.

"Niall? Do you mind arranging a meeting for me at three o'clock?" Harry calls from his office.

"Sure thing." Niall replies, trying for as much enthusiasm as he could possibly muster. At three o'clock, Harry appeared from his office. Niall had literally just sat down after escorting about five or six businessmen into one of the meeting rooms for Harry's meeting and had offered them tea and coffee.

"Niall, do you mind doing the minute taking?" Harry asks, strolling forward. Niall's head perked up and he gave Harry a puzzled look.

"Minute taking?" Niall repeats, having never heard this phrase before he was bound to be confused.

"Yes, I'd like you to take notes of everything that happens in this meeting. Like a report." Harry explains, as if its the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh." Niall suddenly feels stupid. He grabs an A4 notepad and pen before following Harry into the meeting room, earning a few curious looks from his co-workers.

The room is square, with a large desk table in the middle. On the table are coffee mugs and kettles to fill for tea and small bowls of sugar. About five or six business men sit around it, looking patiently up at Harry. These men are nothing like Harry. They're your cliché and stereotypical businessmen. Middle-aged, bald and maybe they've put on a bit of weight in the past ten years.

They all looked up to Harry like he's some kind of role-model. Which, Niall didn't blame them for. The way Harry had gained so much power and control over one company at an age as young as him was astonishing. Harry clears his throat and sits down so Niall sits down with him. With a pen in his hand, he's ready to take notes. Harry begins by explaining some sort of business plan, using conversational hand gestures and speaking with a confident voice. He looks the men in the eye as he talks and he nods and listens to what they have to say in return. Niall admires Harry for this. The man was basically flawless.

Harry then gets out a blueprint plan of what looks like the beginning of a building. He uses a pen to guide the men along the points and the men talk back to Harry, giving their suggestions. It wasn't until half way through the meeting, that Niall was brought into the conversation.

"What do you think, Niall?" Harry asks curiously, peering at him. Niall looks up in awe and clears his throat. His mind had just went blank, he had no clue what they were talking about. Niall looks away from Harry and looks down at the plans before him. The blue print had now been removed and was taken over by a load of totals and charges of what seemed like over one million pounds. Niall's eyes had fallen over the sheet, which had at least a little less amount of money and Niall couldn't help but glance at the signatures at the bottom of the of the invoices. He's definitely seen that signature before. Harry was testing him. Niall clears his throat and begins to speak.

"I think you should make that guy...buy it with that amount of money. Instead of the other way around because in that way, you're both saving money. You're both making a profit, basically." Niall puts in, shrugging his shoulders lightly. Harry's face lights up.

"Thank you! Exactly what I said." Harry beams, causing Niall's shoulders to relax as he feels relieved.

"I'm sorry, who's this?" One of the men asks, looking at Niall.

"This is Niall, my new assistant." Harry introduces, his hand squeezing Niall's shoulder, causing Niall's body to feel like jelly.

"Oh. What happened to Susan? Did she make another mistake?"

"Mhmm. One mistake too many." Harry says through gritted teeth, the businessmen sniggering. Niall feels a little tense. "But, luckily, I've got Niall, eh?" Harry adds, smiling down at him.

"Y-yeah." Niall agrees nervously, managing a weak smile. No pressure there, eh?

Niall goes back to taking notes and offering the gentlemen more tea and coffee until the meeting is finished. Niall is so drained by the time the meeting is finished and when it is, Harry guides him out of the meeting room. Harry's fingertips are on the small of Niall's back again, his fingers burning holes into Niall's skin. Harry brushes past him and as soon as they are out, Liam and his fellow co-workers are watching like mare cats although this doesn't seem to faze Harry at all. Niall follows Harry into his office and hands him the note taking.

Harry gives Niall a confused look before saying, "Do you mind typing that out as a report, please?" Before going back to ignoring Niall completely and working on his computer. Niall runs a hand through his hair and he leaves Harry's office without another word, going back to his desk to type out the report.

It was lunch time after his report was finished and Niall had arranged to meet up with Liam. They headed to a small café in the centre of London and took to a window seat before deciding to order.

"So what's it like working with Styles, then?" Liam asks casually, taking a sip from his tea.

"Stressful." Niall admits, causing Liam to laugh. "Honestly, I'm not cut out for this. I applied to be a full-time lawyer, not some dumb ass lawyers assistant." Niall rambles and Liam smiles sympathetically.

"If it makes you feel any better, anybody else would kill to be in your position right now." Liam says and Niall frowns.

"How so?"

"You're Harry's bloody assistant! He lets you off easily. If it was somebody like myself or anyone else on that floor, we'd get a kick up the backside." Liam jokes half-heartily. It makes Niall's eyebrows furrow.

"The last assistant didn't seem to get let off too lightly." Niall points out, remembering how obvious it was that Susan had gotten sacked. Liam's face softens.

"Well, yes. She had made a mistake. One mistake too many." Liam replies and Niall nods knowingly.

"That's exactly what Harry says." Niall says and Liam raises an eyebrow.

"Harry actually talks to you?"

"Yes, why?"

"Well, it's just odd. Harry was never one to make conversations unless absolutely necessary. He's a very private person, I guess." Liam shrugs.

"So I've noticed." Niall scoffs, causing the pair to both snigger.

After their lunch, they both head up back to work. When Niall arrives in the office, he spots Harry in his own. The door of his office is stood ajar and Niall can see him pacing the length of his room, with a phone held to his ear. He's talking at a rapid pace, discussing in a deep conversation. Niall smiles softly at him before he and Liam both bid good-bye and they part ways for the rest of the afternoon.

________________

Apologies, it's a bit short! Let me know what you think. Feedback would be much appreciated, thank you! Much love. xxx