Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"I know, but still. It's bad enough that Levi hasn't been letting his presence known since last morning. At this time of the day, he's probably already vented out about Coach Rogers and practices, but he hasn't." Beth pointed out, troubled.

"Exactly, you haven't seen him since you two fought earlier in the day, right?" Emily asked as I nodded because indeed, I haven't.

I tried searching for him in the school's gym, the cafeteria, his classes, but to no luck, he literally just vanished and has made no attempts to be seen, and some part of me is stressing out over the idea that something might go terribly wrong, but I just forced myself to think otherwise.

"He probably just needed some time to cool off," I implied, not even convincing myself "If I still haven't seen him once classes have ended, I'll try to call him to patch things up."

"Yeah, maybe he's just out somewhere, trying to blow off some steam."

The idea of Levi just trying to blow off some steam seemed so innocent at first, because knowing him, he's probably out somewhere, trying to decompress. Touching the grass or something.

I just never would've thought that blowing off some steam can come in a lot of different ways to people who are slowly losing themselves. Because at that very moment, is when I really got to see how much of a stranger Levi had morphed into.

Because before we knew it, students were rushing past us, bumping into our shoulders, trying to get a view of something way far ahead "Hey!" Beth shrieked to the students that ran past us.

But they simply ignored our complaints, and we all collectively looked at each other before trying to see what the actual hell was going on.

"What the hell is happening?" Emily asked out of curiosity as murmurs and whispers traveled around us, all inaudible as we moved closer to see what the commotion was all about.

"Probably just another fight as always," Beth shook her head in irritation as she nudged a guy nearby "Hey, what the hell is going on? What's everybody freaking out about?"

The guy looked at us before quickly averting his gaze to watch the scene again, completely transfixed "Evan is having a fight with Levi." he blurted out.

And just like that, all of the air instantly got sucked out of my body as we stood there, shocked.

We immediately pushed past the crowd of students in front of us, wiggling myself into the masses, dread creeping into my system as I let a continuous chant play over my head-

Please don't let this be real, please don't let this be real, please don't-

But instead, my biggest nightmare was what greeted me. As I then made my way out of the sea of people that were swarming the entire scene of Evan tackling Levi onto the ground whilst Levi tried to shove him off, all the while trying to reach out and throw a punch at him.

Beth shrieked as I stood there, mortified and numb "You son of a bitch!" Levi yelled as he tried to get Evan off of him, grabbing his arm that was connected to the knuckle clutching his shoulder, pushing him down onto the ground as Levi made a swing at him.

"What's your fucking problem, huh?" Evan shouted back, his face red with rage.

"My problem? You! You're my fucking problem! Who do you think you are trying to make a move on my girlfriend after everything you did to her?!"

I felt the entire atmosphere shift as my mind started to spin, bewildered by the words that came out of Levi's mouth.

While Evan only laughed in pure mockery, looking at Levi almost as if he was a toddler throwing a tantrum "Everything I did? How about you ask yourself the same thing. Who do you think you are trying to act as if you fucking own her?!"