Return of Amber.

Chapter 27

Lucas' Point of View

You know those moments where things are just going too damn good in your life? You think to yourself, how could they get any better? That's where I was with Riley. That's where I was in my life, still top of my class, starting quarterback, my dad had backed off, and most of all I had my dream girl. Well, then life comes in and finds a way to ruin all the good. My good ruiner has a name, and her name is Amber.

Sounds innocent enough, she's a girl obviously and a very beautiful girl. She really is very pretty, dark brown hair with blue eyes, she doesn't have a thing on Riley but let's get back to the point. Her name, her appearance is how she seduces people, draws them in and that is when she knocks you out. You unknowingly become a slave to her, kind of like how Riley compares herself to Felix. A drone. When we first broke up I thought it was the worst thing in the world. Until I got some friends, and for a week or 2 I was defensive over her when they'd talk smack. But the more they talked the more sense it made.

She was manipulating me. I would skip school, and skip practice, she'd whine saying buy me this, don't talk to her, don't talk to him. Needless to say that wouldn't ever happen now, even if Riley and I ever broke up. Knock on wood. She's taught me a few things and one of them is to not be afraid to stand up for yourself. For what you believe in, my girl is a lot more outspoken than necessary sometimes but at least she does it. At least she has principles she lives by. Until I start to believe in myself I wasn't gonna have a life, Riley gave me one.

"Hey handsome." That shrill voice still angers me to this day, "Long time no see."

"Remind me to thank God for that later." I close my locker and spin around, "what?"

"Can't a girl come say hi to her future boyfriend?"

"HA!" I hear Zay laugh as he lands beside me, "HA! She's joking right Luke." I nod in agreement with a stifled laugh. "Does Riley know she's back?"

"The bitch from the phone?" Amber questions.

"My girlfriend. Not a bitch." I correct, "And yes Zay she knows."

"Good, and good luck to you Amber." He was about to walk away when he was stopped.

"Good luck for what?"

His brown eyes flash towards me and I chuckle. "She's gonna rip you to shreds." He whispers.

Her eyes widened and I can't help but enjoy the fear that was instilled in her. "Nothing I can't handle." She mumbles.

"I promise you one thing Amber, you have never 'handled' anyone like her. Or anyone for that matter." I hear the roar of her motorcycle and I sit up straight to gaze out the window. I watch her saunter up the steps, her long brown curls flowing in the wind. Riley has on her signature booties, dark wash skinny jeans and a Black Sabbath tee shirt. "Damn she's beautiful." I hear Amber laugh, but I didn't even realize I had said that out loud. "Hey beautiful." Riley smirks and presses me up against the lockers.

"Morning Sparky." She whispers against my lips. I roll around where her back is against the cold steel and let our lips move in sync together. My hands move from her face to her sides as I caress her curves. God I love this feeling.

"Wow Lucas, didn't realize how much you lowered your standards." My girl laughs against my lips before pulling away. "Allow me to introduce myself-"

"Oh no sweetheart, I know who you are." Her arms were still around my neck, "Sparky you said she was pretty." I saw Amber's face light up, "I thought we agreed we wouldn't lie to each other?" Her right foot fell from the lockers and back on the tile floor with a thud while her arms dropped from my neck.