Never Have I Ever.

Chapter 24

Riley's Point of View.

Right now I'm being pressed up against a locker kissing my super sexy boyfriend. I know what you're thinking, sex crazed teenagers. Which isn't a total lie, we really are but a lot of the time we just talk. Mostly he does, I love to hear the plans for his future and what he wants out of life. I haven't really had much of a goal in life besides winning a match and making money so I'm still trying to figure out a game plan.

"Luke." I hear Sparky mumble 'damn it' underneath his breath as he spins around to see Ace.

"What's up man?"

"You ready for the game tonight?"

I start to laugh. "You interrupted my kiss with my incredibly fucking gorgeous girlfriend to ask me about the game tonight? You have just become my least favorite person in the world." His lips meet mine again and I can't control the smile on my face. I haven't been this happy in a long time. Sparky pulls away again when Maya comes over.

"It's the last game of the season. You coming Riley?"

It's not my scene. I actually hate going to any sort of high school function mostly because that means students will be there. I turn my gaze towards Lucas, his green eyes practically pleading with me to go. He goes to my fights, and that is still not his scene. "Sure."

"Really?" He questions with a smile and I nod, "You're so fucking awesome." His hands cup my face when he moves to eagerly kiss me. "Alright I'll see y'all tonight. And you," He gestures towards me. "You are coming with me." I intertwine my fingers in his when my phone vibrates.

"Hold on." It's an unknown number and I'm regretting even opening this text.

Consider yourself off of work until your meeting with Felix on December 30.

--That's 2 fucking months!

Freaking Felix. Son of a mother, I can feel my entire body tighten. I made quite a bit from the bout I won but it's practically going to disappear after bills, leaving no extra cash for college.

Not our problem. December 30, his office. 8 o'clock.

"Hey baby what's wrong?" I glance to my left and see lockers without hesitation I slam my fist into the cold steel. "Riley what the hell?" He grabs my wrists, "who was that?" I know what this is about already, I know he's going to force me to throw the fight. I'm fine with that, I've accepted it. But, I can't go 2 months without fighting. I'll go crazy first of all, I know I'll have withdrawals but I thought I'd have some time to get used to the idea of not fighting. Second, we need the money. Third, I'll get rusty. "Hey look at me beautiful."

"Let's get to class."

"No we can be late, tell me what the hell is going on." I clench my jaw, trying to think of anything but Felix. His name infuriates me. Before I know what's happening Lucas is grabbing my phone out of my back pocket.

"Alright ass hole!" I reach for it but he pulls it away. I can tell it doesn't matter at this point because he's already reading the messages. His lips move as he's absorbing the words. A quality I find adorable, especially because he doesn't realize he's doing it.

"What does that mean?"

"It means I'm not winning the New Year's tournament." I storm off and fling the door to our class open. If I'm lucky I can tap out after a few minutes in the ring but I'm never lucky. Never am I lucky with Felix.