Chapter 57: Acceptance

Start from the beginning

"She's dead."

The girl felt her heart sink to her legs as her knees began shaking and fidgeting. She shot her head up to look at the downcast boy and stumbled for words, wanting to hit herself at her oblivious reasoning. "O-oh, I-I'm so sorry Ryo, I didn't...-"

The sadly scoffed at the female's reaction and comfortingly caressed her cheek. "You don't have to be sorry angel, just be happy. That's all I want." He moved his hand away before proceeding to walk off.

"I really am sorry Ryo..." She tried whispering but her voice was shaken with shame and guilt at melancholic reminder.

"Don't worry about it. Catch ya later sweetness." He waved his goodbye to her before disappearing off towards his own room, leaving the girl to morse over her doing.

"I'm such an idiot."

The female had been tediously attempting to distract herself with the entertainment that could be found in her room, only for her mind to wander off towards numbers of other matters that included anything else, but peace. Concluding her bet chances would be to explore around the house, she left her room to walk through the quiet corridors.

'God this is getting on my nerves...I feel like I'm going soft in the head...what should I do now? Everything seems so quiet...' Her thoughts were obstructed as she realised she had stopped beside a door, and chose to take a moment to stare at it with wonder. 'This is Ren's room...I better just leave, I don't want a repeat of last time-' As the girl prepared to walk away from the scene, the door opened itself, allowing a figure to come forth from within.

"I thought it might be you..." Ren stepped out of his own surroundings to enter the girl's, and give the apprehensive female a smile of hospitality.

"How did you know I was out here?" She raised her brow at the male, receiving a light and amused chuckle from the boy.

"My piano skills drastically improved out of nowhere, so I had a hunch my muse might be around." (Y/n) scoffed at his justification and moved her feet in the direction of the corridor. "Would you like to come in? I've prepared something for you." The girl shivered at the implication and felt herself mentally distancing herself from the boy's faultless grin.

"I'm fine, thanks." She bluntly stated before continuing her retreating strides.

"If you're afraid that I'll do anything, I can assure you I'll keep myself to myself." However, the female carried on her exit with little concern for his excuses. "This is for your sake, so if you want that burn and bite to go away I was just offering."

The girl stopped in her tracks and permitted a backwards glance towards the male. Ren simply shrugged at the offer and entered his abode leaving the door open in a teasingly tempting manner for the female. (Y/n) remained staring at the entrance provided for her and fluctuated her mind and body towards and away from the door. After a few huffs and grunts, she reluctantly strode towards the entrance.

'What am I doing? This is probably a trap...doesn't matter, if he tries anything, he's gonna lose all his teeth.' She tried to reassure herself and hesitantly entered the boy's surroundings. She noticed the male rummaging through his cupboards until coming forth with a small jar of ointment. Ren satisfyingly grinned at the girl's presence and beckoned for her to sit on his bed.

(Y/n) gazed at the offer but retaliated by sitting in one of the chairs and ignore the male's disappointed look. As he took a seat directly in front of the girl, he welcomingly extended his hand in a request to inspect the girl's burnt one. After a long, unbearable moment of uncertainty, she begrudgingly handed him her wounded skin, keeping the rest of her body as far away as possible.