Chapter 15- You Came In Like A Wrecking Ball

Start from the beginning

“Boxing practice?” Niall inquired, feeling slightly confused.

“Uhh yeah, I've got boxing practice after recess every Monday and Thursday with Mr. Higgins,” Liam explained “You can watch if you want, then we can visit Joel after that,”

Instead of answering him, Niall just nodded vigorously. Both boys then stood up, brushing their crinkled pants and shirt because of sitting on the floor for too long.

“Thank-,”

“Don't thank me,” Liam said coldly “I did it for Joel, not because I care,”

“Oh,....okay,” Niall said, trying hard to hide his disappointment.

Liam was the first one to march out of the toilet followed by Niall, who scurried timidly after the bulky teen. The hallways were already empty except for a few students who can't make up their mind whether to go to class or not, or the ones that didn't know where the hell is their next class. Niall was truly mesmerized by the way Liam walked, his shoulders were a bit hunched, heads down, hands in his worn out black jeans and his back pack slung on one shoulder. Niall observes as the muscles on Liam's back flex under the tight dark blue t-shirt with every move. Liam is truly a Tattooed Angel- beautiful, strong, mysterious and silent. Niall wondered if Liam is always like this, or did something happened that made him change. He could somehow sense that it has something to do with Joel's condition,....and his father. He suspected his father because there was no picture of his father in the house; there were only pictures of Joel, Mrs. Payne and Liam. But he wasn't going to ask Liam about it, because he knows that he will break whatsoever line Liam created between him and Niall. He can't be a wrecking ball if he wants to break Liam's wall like he owns the place,, he needs to take things slow. Niall smiled proudly at himself for being to figure Liam out, because he knows that Liam is beautiful on the inside as well outside.

He's worth it.

Niall sat on on of the steel chair of the school's gym. He had to admit, this place reeks of old socks and human sweat, causing to cringe every now and then. There were only a few work out equipments in the gym, such as treadmills, a Bowflex, dumbbells, kettle bells, barbells and in the middle of the gym, there's a huge red punching bag. He sat there as Liam talked to Mr. Higgins, going through his exercise routine and practice. Mrs. Rowling told Niall that Liam joined the junior boxing team after he quit the basketball team for a year and a half. He made it into state championship but quit halfway through. It was s huge loss for the school because Liam was the best boxer that they have. Niall felt a sudden determination to make sure that Liam will make it to the final round of the Open Senior Championship.

“Stick to the normal routine and we'll see if you can go up against our current boxers,” Mr. Higgins explained to him professionally after measuring his height and weight “Which I'm sure won't be a problem because you've done it before. I'll leave it to you yeah?”

“Thank you Mr. Higgins,” Liam said politely. He was glad Mr. Higgins volunteered to be his coach, because he did it before, and he's the closest thing he has to a father figure. They might have stopped talking after the incident, but before that, Liam was Mr. Higgins' favorite student. He looked out for the boy in ways that he can, and even after the incident with his father happened, Mr. Higgins still tried to help the boy stay out of the trouble. He had to coax the principle many times to stop him from expelling Liam.