Chapter 25

Shor

I place the last box in my car before slamming the door. Tears continue to fall freely from my eyes. "I love you, Kelli," I whisper to her.

"Shor," she starts.

I shake my head. "No! Why are you doing this!? I love you! Don't you love me?" I shout.

She wraps her arms around my neck, one of her hands finding my hair. "I love you so much, Shor. I don't want to do this, but I have to," she sniffles.

"Why?" I sob against her skin.

"I need to be by myself for a while. It's only one month, babe," she tries to make it sound better that it actually is.

I hold her tighter. "Okay," I let her go. "Can I least have a kiss?" Before I knew it, we were kissing each other like we'd never see one another again. 

I hold her cheeks, preventing her from pulling her face away from mine. "Baby," she coos once we pull away.

I bury my face into her neck. "Call me if you need anything," I wipe off my face. Kelli nods, placing a lingering kiss against my cheek.  

.

"Shor, honey, it's nearly lunch time," mom rubs my back.

I groan, shoving my face further into the pillow. "I miss her, mom," I huff as I stand up. "It's been two weeks."

"I know, babe. Come downstairs when you're ready."

I groan loudly before throwing on clothes and brushing my teeth. I make my way downstairs and plop myself on the couch. "Hey, bud," dad nudges my shoulder. I grunt in reply. "Your phone was going crazy earlier," he hands it to me.

38 missed calls
Babygirl💘

47 text messages
Babygirl💘

196 missed FaceTime calls
Babygirl💘

I quickly unlock my phone and open the messages. Most of them are saying how she misses me and she wants me to come home. The last one was an inappropriate message, that I will keep to myself. I dial her number and press the phone to my ear.

"Finally," she sniffles, "what took so long?"

"I- uh.. I didn't want to get up this morning and I left my phone downstairs," I rush out.

She giggles before some shuffling is heard. "I haven't left the bed in days. It smells like you," she murmurs.

I smile, looking down towards the ground. "I miss you," I blurt out. "How are you?"

"I don't know."

Kelli's never been good at explaining her feelings.

"I'm sorry, baby," I groan lightly.

"No, no, don't be. Wanna go get some ice cream later?"

My eyes widen. "Y-You wanna see me?" I mange to get out.

I hear some shuffling, then a giggle. "We didn't breakup, Shor. I just needed a bit to myself. Can we talk over ice cream and then go from there?"

I hum contently as I jump up on the counter. "I'd like that, Kelli," I smile to myself.

"See you at one?"

"See you at one." I confirm.

"Okie dokie," she sighs, "I love you."

My heart stops. "I-I love you so much." I quickly hang up.

My parents stare at me worriedly. "Are you alright?" my mom asks softly.

I stare at her blankly. "She said she loves me." She looks at me with her eyebrows knotted and her lips in a frown. "AFTER TWO WEEKS SHE SAID SHE LOVES ME!" I cheer happily.

My dad chuckles, wrapping my mom in his arms. "Are you going back?" he asks.

I shrug, "she said it'd be best to talk about it over ice cream. Y'know... because she doesn't like coffee," I laugh.