Chapter 24

I lay on my side, my hand on Emory's stomach and my lips attached to hers. She's on her back with her hand on mine. I slightly pull away from the passionate kiss. "I love you," she says before I can.

"I love you so, so, so much, baby," I reply quietly. She snuggles into my chest, rubbing her nose against my bare skin. "God, I'm so happy," I sigh contently.

«» «» «»

"Noah!" My mom yells for me.

I slowly wiggle my way out of Emory's grip, trying to keep from waking her. I throw on some sweats before walking downstairs. "What's up?" I grab an apple from the bowl on the counter.

"Your father and I are going out for the day. Will you two be okay?"

I chuckle lowly, nodding my head. "Mom, I'm twenty one. We'll be fine," I ensure before kissing her cheek. I walk back up to my girlfriend. "Good morning, darling," I kiss her forehead.

She hums softly and smiles. "Good morning, handsome," she opens her eyes.

After we sit in silence for a few minutes, I take a chance to ask, "do you ever miss them?" She looks at me with a confused expression. "Your parents, I mean."

She sits up with a sigh. "All the time, Noah," her soft voice becomes hoarse.

"Do you maybe.. I don't know.. Wanna go stop by there? Tell them you're having a baby? Give them a chance?" I tug on my bottom lip with both sets of my teeth.

She looks at me for a second before nodding. "Yeah," she leans over to hug me.

+++

Emory lifts her fist to the door, knocking three times and bringing her arm back down to her side. "Emory," her mother breathes out as she opens the door. "My little girl." She pulls her into a hug. "Come in, come in. We miss you so much. You too, Noah."

"Yes, we made a big mistake," everyone looks over to Emory's father. Em runs over to him and tackles him into a hug.

Rosie, Emory's mother, pulls me in for a hug. "I am so sorry," she whispers into my ear.

We all sit at the kitchen table. "So what brings you guys here?" Salvator, her father, asks.

Em looks over to me, biting her lip. I nod, telling her to spill the news. She reaches across the table and grabs her mother's hand. "They were wrong." Her parents look at me, silently asking me to explain.

"We're having a baby," I grin.

Both her parents gasp, smiles creeping onto their faces. "We are ever so happy for you," Rose says softly. "If you ever need anything, you know where we are."

We stay over their house until dinner time, telling them my parents are expecting us. "Baby, can you grab my phone and text my mom?" She does so and asks what to type. "Ask her if she wants me to bring back dinner."

"She said yes," Em says after a few minutes.

I nod, getting on the highway. "What would you like for dinner, babygirl?" I glance over at her.

She grabs my hand, lacing our fingers together. "Pancakes," she replies softly.

"Wanna call iHop and order, love?"

She nods, looking up the number. I tell her what I would like and what my parents usually get. "They said fifteen minutes, babe."

I raise our hands up and kiss the back of her hand. "I love you," I whisper.

She leans over the middle consul to press a kiss to my cheek. "I love you more," she giggles.

We spent the rest of the evening with my parents. They told us about their day and we told them about ours. They were happy that we broke the silence with Emory's parents. My dad pulled me aside to say he was proud of me for being the bigger person. After dinner and a movie with my parents, we decided to stop by Shor and Kelli's house. We chatted with them for a bit before heading to Emory's apartment.