Chapter 22

Emory's P.O.V

I groan, hearing my phone vibrate. I pick it up to see a text message from Noah.

I'm so sorry about last night, baby. I left after you fell asleep because I couldn't handle so much guilt. Hopefully I can make it up to you..? Wanna grab some breakfast with me? I told my parents that we're back together. Again, I'm so sorry about hurting you. I'll never forgive myself. Text me back when you wake up. I love you, princess.
-Noah

I sigh, pulling the blankets higher on my chest. I quickly type back.

Babe, I'm fine now. I'm only a little sore, but I'm fine. But, yes. I would love to go to breakfast with you. When should I be ready?
-Emory

His reply was a simple 'I'll be there in an hour'. I slip out of bed, limping to the bathroom. I grunt as I start the shower.

~time skip~

"Emory!?" Noah yells as the front door closes.

I wipe my eyes, quickly grabbing my eyeliner. "I'm in my room!" I shout back, my voice slightly cracking.

After a few seconds, Noah is by my side. "These are for you," he places white roses in front of me.

"Thank you," I whisper.

Don't think that  I'm mad at him for last night. I'm just upset.

He places a small kiss on my forehead. After I finish my makeup, I rise from my sitting position. "Ready?" I just nod in response. I walk slower than usual, trying to make the limp less noticeable. "Does it hurt that bad?" He turns to me once we get in the car. I swallow the lump in my throat. "Be honest with me. Please, I don't want you to sugarcoat it."

I let out a deep sigh as the tears start falling. "Noah, it's really tense," I chew on the inside of my cheek. He stops, his back still to me. "I'm fine though, babe." I touch his shoulder.

He shakes his head. "Em, I hurt you. How can you say that's okay?"

I grab his arm and turn him around. I slide my fingers through his. "Because I love you enough to look past it, alright?" I push my forehead against his.

"I love you," he whispers.

I wrap my arms around his neck. "I love you too," I mumble before pushing my lips to his.

We pull away, finishing our walk to the car. We eat a peaceful breakfast before going to his parents house. They weren't home so we sit on the couch, cuddled together, for a little bit.

"Noah?" Ross chuckles as he walks into the room. "What're you doing- oh. Hey, Emory. Long time, no see."

I nod, standing up. "Hey, Mr. Lynch," we share a hug as Carissa walks into the room. She immediately pulls me into her arms. "God, I missed you so much," I mumble against her shoulder.

"We missed you too, sweetie," she squeezes me gently.

I sit back down with Noah, he wraps his arms around my waist. "I love you so much," he mumbles into my shoulder.

I smile weakly, running my fingers through his hair. "I love you too," I kiss his head softly.