Chapter 4

On the drive back to my house, I couldn't help but feel like something was off. I pull into someone's driveway to turn around. Once I'm back at Kelli's, I see her sitting on the roof. I walk into the house, walking to her room and climbing out the window. I sit on the roof with her. Neither one of us says anything. She leans into my side and I wrap my arm around her. I notice burn marks on her arms. I kiss her head as she cries into my chest. She eventually falls asleep so I carefully bring her back into the house. After tucking her in and kissing her softly, I leave. I lock the door with the key she gave me.

I make my way to my apartment. I take a shower. After getting out, I check my phone.

1 text message from Babygirl😍💕
3 text messages from Sades
2 missed calls and voicemails from Mom
1 missed call from Noah

From; Babygirl😍💕
I'm sorry about earlier. I know I promised you and all, but I was so tempted. I'll call you in the morning when I wake up. I love you.

To; Babygirl😍💕
It's totally fine, baby doll. As long as I can comfort you in the end and make you feel better, it's okay. I love you so much more than you think. Goodnight, sweet dreams.

I read Sadie's messages.

From Sades;
Hey, is Kelli okay?

Shor? Is everything okay?

Dude, you're pissing me off. Answer the fucking phone.

I laugh as I reply to her.

To Sades;
Kelli's going to be okay. She's strong. I was in the shower. Sorry.

I listen to moms voicemails next.

"Hey, Shor. It's mom, obviously. I just wanted to make sure everything was alright with you and Kelli. Rydel said she drove past Kelli's house and saw you guys on the roof. I hope all is well. Call me back, I love you."

"Sorry to bother you, again. But Sadie's freaking out because you didn't answer her. Love you."

I roll my eyes before placing my phone on the charger. It starts ringing as soon as I pull the blankets over me. The name "Babygirl😍💕" reads across the screen.

"Hey, baby," I answer.

"H-Hi," she stutters.

"What's up, beautiful?" I ask worryingly.

"Just my first time waking up alone in a year after a nightmare.. I needed to know you're still there for me," she whispers into the phone.

I smile to myself. "I'm always going to be here for you, baby. Did you want me to come back?" I ask with a yawn.

"No, it's okay. I just needed to hear your voice," she sighs.

I close my eyes. "Mm, I have a question," I say as I flip onto my stomach.

"Okay."

"When we met, we had sex and you pushed for it. Why?" I ask as I stare at her spot in my bed.

"I-I.. um-I.." she stumbles to find the right words. "I wanted to feel loved," she admits.

I furrow my eyebrows together. "But-"

She cuts me off.  "Shor, I'm sorry. Can we talk about this tomorrow?" She whimpers.

"Of course, baby. I love you," I say.

"Love you too," we hang up.