chapter 16

The wind whipped at the falling tears from the sky; the grey clouds suffocating the skyline for as far as the eye could see. Under its gaze stood a humble graveyard, it was nothing fancy but it was peaceful.

A figure stood in between two of the graves, her face covered in the hood of her coat and a umbrella in her hand to keep the rain off her face. She didn't say a words as she just stared hard at the graves.

From out of the shadows emerged another figure, walking to the scene and setting 2 bouquets of white roses on the graves, neither saying a word, before standing back to look at the grave stones.

"I didn't think you'd come"

Scarlett's eyes didn't move from the spot "I was kind of unable to go to the funeral"

"Tour"

"Yeah" Scarlett sighed "They played me and I'll never forgive them for that but I owed it to them and myself to make my peace" she clung to the collar of her jacket as the wind blew through her hair "You've changed your hair"

Kelsie's hand went instinctively up to her hair - it was true her long purple hair had been cut back into a pixie cut and was honey brown now "I did a lot of changing" her eyes fell back to the graves "I just felt so stupid before, I knew what was going on, Zina with the drugs and how she kept seeing her dealer more and more, what Kalin was like and how April kept coming in with bruises and cuts, but I went along pretending nothing was wrong."

"You're just growing up and its not your fault, I've learned that you need to let go of the past sometimes and focus on a better tomorrow" Scarlett looked over at her "I've done some thinking as well"

"I'm sorry to you as well" Kelsie sniffed "And Ashley. You guys must of hated us for what we did. Are you guys together still?"

Scarlett felt a smile creep across her face "Yeah, we are. I don't hate you kelsie, a little disappointed maybe but everyone deserves a second chance"

"I don't feel like I do, this was suppose to be my second chance and..."

"It's turned to be more of a nightmare?" Scarlett finished "LA was my third second chance, if you give up though all those chances will be put to waste"

"I need a fresh start" Kelsie nodded looking down "I don't think I can face anyone anymore, you may say you forgive me but I can't forgive myself" the rain hitting her face hide the small tear running down her cheek "I'm leaving but I just wanted to say goodbye to them first."

"I understand" Scarlett nodded "Just don't do anything stupid, trust me I've about done it all"

"But your tougher than me" Kelsie tried hard not to sob

Scarlett chuckled "Your stronger than you think"

"Will you tell Ashley I'm sorry as well?" Kelsie asked

Scarlett nodded "I'll tell him"

"Thanks"

"Now cheer up"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett hummed as she carefully choose a pair of earrings and put them in, tomorrow they would be back touring and they had got a invite to a party from Andy's friend Matt Good so they had all decided to go to that.

"Are you done yet?" Ashley called from the stairs as he attacked his tie once more - yeah turned out it was one of those fancy ones.

"Jus a sec" Scarlett shouted back, giving herself one more look before rushing out the room to meet Ash.

Ashley groaned at the tie like a school boy learning for the first time, Scarlett couldn't help but giggle at the sight. The sound of her laugh made Ashley stop in his tracks as his gaze fell to her as she descended down the stairs to him.

She was wearing a short white tunic dress with simple gold band under the bust; her hair had been curled slightly with her black tips redyed to make them stand out as they faded in with her crimson hair; she was wearing a pair of black shoes with gold spikes. The thing that made Ashley beam most was the star pendant necklace she was wearing at a collar length to perfectly hug her neck.

"Here let me" she grinned, taking the tie off him and tying it for him

"Your pretty good at this" Ashley smirked

"You can tie me to the bed pretty well" Scarlett laughed "Whats so hard about ties then?"

Ashley grinned "Don't act like you didn't like it" he kissed her cheek as she finished with the tie.

He was dressed in black skinny jeans, a slim fitting black dress shirt with 3/4 length sleeves, a white tie and black cowboy boots. He'd spiked his hair up like he did on tour, he didn't do it normally unless he was on tour or being interviewed so it showed that it had to be a occasion.

"You don't have to stare, Angel, you know you can touch" Ashley winked

Scarlett laughed, running her hands up and down his arms "Oh I know and I enjoy every moment of it" she replied in her low seductive voice

"So do the neighbours" Ashley growled before attacking her lips with sweet kisses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is like a huge concert!" Scarlett exclaimed as they entered the party.

It did seem like a huge concert or a club with a stage, smoke machines, blarring lights and a room of dancing bodies.

"We best find Andy" Ashley shouted - it had been Andy who had gotten them the invite in the first place

"Yeah" Scarlett nodded

The two made their way through the crowd in search for the others; Ashley being practically glued to Scarletts side, giving anyone who looked at Scarlett in the wrong way a glare.

"Dude let the hot chic through" one guy infront of them indicated to his friend

Scarlett laughed as she pulled Ashley away before he could pounce on the dude.

"I have a boyfriend" she shouted at them as she lead Ashley away - presuming he was planning the funeral for that guy. She turned back to Ashley once they were away "Hey" she ran her fingers through his fringe "I thought I'd be the one having to glare down competition, don't let that dude get to you. ok?"

"ok" he sighed, letting it go. he looked around a bit "I don't know where the guys are"

Scarlett was about to suggest moving to the bar area when the music slowed down as the sound of November Rain consumed the room. Ashley smiled pulling her close, they slowed danced to the song; his hands round her waist, her's rested round his neck.

"I haven't done this in years" Scarlett softly giggled

"I've never done this before really" Ashley whispered back

"I couldn't tell" she leant her head on his shoulder

Ashley smiled back, leaning his head against the crook in her neck "Just knowin' that you were mine, All mine, So if you want to love me, then darlin' don't refrain" he sang gently in her ear before kissing it.

Scarlett smiled "I swear I'll get tooth ache from you" Ashley smirked

"You got a case of Purdy" he grinned leaning in "And theres no cure Angel"

"Don't want one" she looked at him in the eyes

They didn't ever find the others that night as they found themselves too preoccupied with each other to realise that by the time they remembered to go looking again the party was over.