T•W•O - 나의 천사

T•W•O - 나의 천사 - My Angel

[Areum's POV]

"Hey, Ugly! Get my dress done in two minutes! I don't want to see a speck of dust on it!" "No! Get mine done first!" I sighed as the two stepsisters started grabbing each other's hair.

"Let go, you piece of dumb shit!" Eun Ah cursed as she pulled a handful of Eun Chae's hair. "No, you let go! I'm telling Mother!" "Let's see who gets to her first then." Eun Ah stick her tongue out at her biological sister, before the both of them dashed off.

Those names, Eun Ah & Eun Chae, doesn't suit the two stepsisters. The name 'Eun Ah' means Kindness & Elegant. While 'Eun Chae' means Kindness & Variegated colours.

These definitions doesn't describe who the two stepsisters are.

They are arrogant, proud, conceited, unreasonable, irresponsible, lazy, and many other negative adjectives.

They were something I was ashamed of, and so were Mum & Stepfather.

"Ugly! Get your sisters' dresses done!" Mum yelled.

My stepsisters aren't the only ones calling me that, in fact, the whole family does.

I scurry over to the dresses on the iron board and get started with my task. "Ugly! Get out and buy some bread!" Stepfather hollered with an annoyed countenance. I took the dresses in my arms and jogged over to the two sisters. I handed their dresses to them and left as they admired their dresses.

"Here's the money. Now scram! I'm hungry!" I grabbed a basket and exit the house through the front door. I trot slowly towards a bakery with my fringe covering my forehead, and a few strands of long brown hair hanging down from the bun.

As I trot, I could feel a pair of eyes following me. I halted on my steps in front of the entrance of the bakery, looking around. Why do I feel like I'm being followed when I see no one? Yes, no one. At this time, this place would be deserted.

I kept silent and listened to the sounds of the strong wind, sounds of Nature, sounds of the stray cats & dogs. Then I heard footsteps. Very very light footsteps. I gulped as a chill of fear ran down my spine.

I entered the bakery. I could hear the footsteps following closely behind me. I tried to stop myself from imagining scary situations and moved on to grab a few breads. I was about to grab the very last bread, when a hand appeared on it.
I turn my head towards the owner of the hand.

"Oh, do you want it? Here, you can have it."

"No, no. It's okay. You can take it. These are enough." I smiled at him.

He had nut-brown hair, kind looking eyes, attracting features. "No, you take it. I insist."

A soft chortle left my lips and muttered a "Thank you" in return. "I'm Joshua Hong Jisoo. What's yours?" "I am Lee Areum." "A pretty name for a pretty lady." (The name 'Areum' means Beauty.)

I thanked him in another whisper, then excused myself. "I'm sorry, but I'm kind of in a rush. Stepfather would abuse me if I'm late again..." My voice went into a hushed tone as I mumbled the last sentence. "Oh, am I holding you back?" "No, that's not what I meant." I panicked a little, before laughing nervously.

"Well, you should go ahead. I'll... see you soon(?)" "Yea, I'll see you soon." I flashed him a grin before paying for the bread and leaving. I bolted back home with the bread in the basket.

"What took you so long?" Stepfather snatched the basket of bread out of my grasp and bite on one bread.

What did Mum see in this guy?