"Not the most important issue at the moment Izzy." Austin muttered his eyes darkening as he continued to glance between her and Rowan's head.

"What's happening?" She asked finally feeling a tingle of fear worm through her at Austin's continued concern.

"He's just a little on edge at the moment." Olivia answered, her gaze still unfocused.

Hayden snorted from behind them, "A little? Another minute and she isn't going to have a choice in any of this."

"Shut up Hayden." Olivia snapped. "Rowan you need to think. She doesn't understand, is this how you want to do this?"

The words only added to Izzy's confusion. Do what? What was he going to do to her?

"I won't lose her. I need to keep her safe." Rowan's voice was deeper, thicker, as he spoke, his chest rumbling against her side.

Risking another glance, Izzy found pure silver staring back at her. She gulped in fear, and something else – something alien and warm, that clenched around her abdomen.

"What's he gonna do guys?" She asked worriedly, unable to peel her eyes from his.

"Nothing. He isn't going to do anything." Austin said, his voice loud and commanding.

"Rowan you need to get back in control, you're scaring her. No one is going to let her get hurt. We know she's yours- "

"I'm not his!" Izzy interrupted. The arms around her tightened, a growl ripping from Rowan, his head moved an inch closer to her, his eyes falling from hers and onto her neck.

"Shut up Izzy!" Olivia snapped forcefully.

Oh shit is he going to kill me? I Knew it! I fucking knew it! Stupid freaking monsters!

"Rowan, look at her! She's fine, she's unhurt! If you do this she's going to hate you." Olivia's once again managed to find the right words.

Rowan flinched, pulling back from her, his eyes flashing grey as clarity seemed to hit him. Looking down at her, his arms loosened fractionally. Taking a deep breath regret filled his features, his mouth turning down. "I'm sorry I scared you."

Not understanding anything, and thankful she was still alive and breathing Izzy went for casual non-pulsed. She didn't think she really pulled it off, though. "No worries. All good here. But maybe you could let me up?"

When his eyes flashed silver again, his hold on her tightening she grimaced, regretting her hasty words. "Or not. I'm good here too."

"Izzy you need to stop talking, unless you want a very real, and very fast, crash course on werewolves." Austin said, his voice tight.

"Got it. No more talking." Izzy said, grinning sheepishly at the renewed conflict raging in Rowan's eyes.

After a few tense moments, they settled back to grey. Standing up smoothly, Izzy squeaked in surprise as Rowan's arms easily managed to lift her with him, her arms instinctively going around his neck as he cradled her to his chest.

"Yeah sure, this is good too." Izzy mumbled, at a sound from behind them she met Austin's disapproving glare, turning sheepish again she smiled. "Right sorry, no talking. Got it I swear."

"Dispose of the body, then I want to talk to Maleco. When are the funerals?" Rowan asked, his voice nearly back to normal as he turned towards the door.

She was afraid he'd drop her, but he acted as if he barely felt her weight in his arms. Deciding to just accept her fate, she let herself relax into his hold, her head resting on his shoulder, breathing she let his scent fill her; it was more pungent and a lot more alluring then the second hand stuff she had been getting from his discarded clothing.