He could either not care, or care too much. I believed I knew Justin enough to know that he would care too much, but I tried to convince myself that he wouldn't care. I pushed the thought out of mind.

Focus, Serenity. How will you get past Justin's car? I wasn't even wearing a jacket with a hood so that would fail. He would recognize me from a mile away, I was sure of it. No matter how hard I tried, I knew his hawk eyes would catch me.

I didn't see Korina, so I couldn't tell her to distract him for me. I waited a little longer inside, turning on my phone. As I turned it on, my eyes widened at the call number. Not to mention the texts and voicemails that I was way too scared to check. I was too busy starting at my phone, checking to see if all of the calls and texts were from Justin and they were. That frightened me. Holy fuck I was in so much trouble. 12 missed calls, 10 texts and 4 voicemails. It may not seem like a lot but for a boy like Justin to be so persistent, it quite honestly scared me. He was unpredictable. The walk to the doors was longer then it had to be.

I was trying not to read the messages as I deleted everything, but jumped as I heard the doors of the school slam open. I nearly dropped my phone, but caught it safely and looked up to see Justin stalking towards me. Oh no. Oh no. He looked so angry, murderous, I didn't even think it was possible. I wanted to run, perhaps, but it felt as though my legs were glued to the ground. Fear was holding me paralyzed in my spot as he neared me.

"There you are!" He shouted for the remaining student body who were still lounging around in the hallways or at their lockers to hear. My eyes widened even more if that were possible, gluing my body against the locker as he stood so close to me, that I wouldn't have minded if he weren't so mad. "I fucking called you and texted you and you didn't answer. You had me fucking worried sick, I thought you were dead!"

I flinched with each word, trying to walk past him but his hands stretched out and gripped my shoulders, holding me against the lockers.

"Don't fucking move," he growled.

"P-People are staring," I said in a shaky voice, scared of the rumors that would go around for when I came back to school tomorrow.

His head looked to the side. "Get lost or so help me God," he snapped at them and a lot of them scattered, leaving the hallway vacant. I wasn't sure which I preferred. To be alone with him or have people witness my murder. He looked back at me and I felt myself shaking. "You have to get over yourself, this if your fucking safety we're talking about over here—not mine."

Despite my fear, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. I was looking at the locker behind him and he jerked my chin so suddenly I almost didn't realize. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."

I scoffed. "You're not my father."

He glared at me. "Next time you pull another stunt like this—"

I laughed. "What are you gonna do? Hit me?"

His eyes narrowed at me and he looked at me in disbelief. "I would never hit a girl. I was raised better than that."

"Raised better than that yet you became a drug dealer," slipped out of my mouth so sudden and I instantly regretted it. I knew nothing about Justin's upbringing and shouldn't have opened my mouth to say anything. But it was true and he knew I was right. He looked betrayed more than anything.

"Yeah? Well at least I don't starve myself because I'm mad at the world because I have mommy-daddy-don't-love-me issues," he retorted causing my heart to stop beating. My lips parted, as did his once he realized what he said. His chest was heaving up and down, as was mine at the moment. I felt like I would keel over and heave.