A day at the beach

Credit: 1dprefrenceworld

Niall: "I hate this Niall," you said suddenly. "What?" he asked turning to you. "I hate having to leave you," you repeated. He took a deep breath. "I know. I don't want you to leave either. But we both know it's whats best for you right now. It may not be the best for our relationship. But it's best for you. And that's all that matters Y/N," he said caressing your jawline with his hands. You nodded blinking back salty tears. Your boss had told you that you got a promotion with this big fashion industry in New York. You talked it over with Niall and you both agreed that you couldn't let this one go. It was only for the summer, so about 3 months. But that's 3 months without Niall. 3 months of hell without him. "Come on! Let's go forget about that for right now! We're at the beach!" he cried charging towards you and slinging you over his shoulder. You screamed in amusement as he carried you into the ocean. Pretending to drop you, you laughed along with him. He spun you around several times before you begged him to put you down. "Okay okay! Stop!" you said like a princess in distress. He put you down gently. The water was just about waist high as Niall brought you in close to him. He put his gentle grasp around you and kissed your forehead. His sweaty breath against you, "We're gonna be fine. 3 months will go by like that. You're gonna have the time of your life, and I'll be here waiting for you. I'll always wait for you Y/N." He picked you up once again spinning you around in circles, under the scorching sun as your last day together.

Zayn: "Woot woot," Zayn whistled as you took off your shirt. You revealed a strapless, electric blue swimsuit. You danced around a little showing off your stuff, as Zayn watched in excitement laughing. "Let's go in the water!" you chimed grabbing his hand. "Um. How about I just stay here," he suggested oddly. You gave him a confused look. "I thought you said you loved the beach Zayn!" you said remembering his exact words. "I do. I just don't exactly love the ocean..." he said staring out at the dark waving shades of blue. "Is someone a scardy cat?" you asked playfully poking him in the stomach. Damn. He had some abs..."Scardy cat! Scardy cat! Scardy Cat!" you teased. His expression changed to sad, as if he were really hurt and like he was going to cry. You sat down on the seat next to him and whispered, "Zayn." He looked up. "What?" he asked quietly. "What's up?" you asked. You didn't mean to offend him, honestly. "I-i can't swim okay," he said quickly like ripping off a bandaid. You looked at him and almost laughed. "Why didn't you just say that silly?" you asked pushing him in the arm. "Because. You would've made fun of me like you just did," he said. "Oh my. I am so sorry Zayn. I was just joking, I didn't think you would take it seriously!" you kissed him on the cheek, "I don't care one bit if you can't swim. That's not what I look for in a boyfriend. I look for honesty, bravery, and humbleness. And you have all of that!" You saw him smile. "And besides I need a tan anyways," you said lying back on the chair and enjoying the sunshine.

Harry: You hopped out of the van, and adjusted your sunglasses. You loved the beach, especially in the summer time. "You know. You're the first person who asked me to the beach on the first date," you called to Harry who was getting out on the other side of the van. "Yeah. Well you know, I'm special," he winked opening the trunk. He got out a beach ball, a picnic lunch, two beach towels, and your beach bag. He handed you your bag and you thanked him, grinning. "Where to?" you asked looking over at the crowded beach. "I know a place," he said reaching for your hand. You jumped at first but soon settled into his strong hold. You've been walking for almost 10 minutes, past umbrellas, children, and families. "Where are we going Harry?!" you asked for the tenth time. "You'll see. We're almost there I promise!" he said picking up the pace. A few minutes later you arrived at a little secluded area, away from everyone else. He put down on the stuff onto the thick, brown sand sighing with relief. "Finally," you said doing the same. "Whoa! This place is so cool," you said admiring the cave. There was a small cave on the side with sparkles of purple, blue, and green mirrored throughout it. You quickly stripped to your swimsuit grabbing your phone and diving right in. It was barely tall enough so that you could walk in. Harry followed behind you as you sat on a big black rock, dangling your feet into the tiny pool of water surfacing under you. You patted the space of rock next to you, and Harry obeyed. You unlocked your phone and yelled, "Smile!" You took a nice one. A funny one. A scary one. And after about 50 pictures of you two in the cave, you took a kissing one. Pictures you will never erase.

Liam: "Walk 10 steps then turn right when you see the hot dog stand," the note read. First it had said "Good morning Beautiful!" then "Get in the car and drive to the local beach, don't forget your swimsuit" you had found another one on the sand that said "Almost there" now this one. It was yout two year anniversary with Liam and you had woken up to an empty flat. Honestly, you were a little disappointed that Liam wasn't there. Until you had noticed the bright, neon sticky notes that he had left for you. You walked 9 steps until you started to smell the strong scent of hot dogs. You turned right, waving at the young, Italian man running the booth. He winked at you, and you smiled back carrying on. What could this be? you asked yourself. You looked out at the sand and saw that were no other notes in sight. You frowned. You surveyed the area and saw one lonesome umbrella off in the distance. You shrugged and walked towards it. There was nothing else around here, so this must be it. You trudged along the dampened sand approaching the pink and orange umbrella. You peered inside hesitantly too see Liam lying on a blanket. He straightened himself out and beamed, "Finally!" You smiled and saw what he had planned out. "Come sit," he said gesturing to the other side of the surprise he had out for you. He had a homemade picnic planned out, consisting of peanut butter jelly sandwiches, freshly squeezed lemonade, and some neat apple slices. "I"m not the best cook-" he started. "But it's perfect," you finished. You reached for your sandwich but not before noticing what was on it. A fluorescent, green sticky note was hanging from the end of it and written neatly in cursive read, "Happy Anniversary Y/N :)"

Louis: "Louis! Louis! Louis!" the girls called by the dozens. God how you hated American girls. They would never leave you and Louis alone. "Hello girls," Louis said obviously having the complete opposite opinion that you had. For the next hour Louis had left you in the hot sun as he signed albums, magazines, posters. And took millions of pictures smiling with a big cheeky smile stuck on his face. After awhile, they all left still abuzz and giggling from meeting Louis Tomlinson. I mean you loved the fans, but sometimes you just wanted to shut them off. "Wow. That was crazy wasn't it Y/N?" he asked returning back to you. You nodded half smiling. "What's wrong?" he asked coming over to you. You and Louis could always tell when there was something wrong with one another. "Nothing," you replied opening your magazine, "Nothing." "Come on. I know something's up. What is it Y/N?" he asked, "Do you not like the beach? Because we can go somewhere else you know. It's just cause America has really nice beaches and I thought-" "It's not about the damn beaches!" you shrieked. He pulled back, "Then what is it?" "It's the fans okay. I dont' want to sound like some ignorant, stuck-up bitch but they never leave us alone. They never leave you alone!" you exclaimed. Louis nodded understanding. "I know Y/N. But I thought you knew this was going to happen when you accepted to be my girlfriend. It isn't easy, but I can't let the fans down. I just can't," only then did you realize how selfish you were being. "I know," you whispered. "I'm sorry Y/N, that you feel this way," he said pecking your lips. Just then a young girl came skipping up to you. "You're Louis Tomlnson right?!" she said happier than ever. "Yes. That's me," Louis said glancing at you. You smiled for the first time today. "Could I please please get a picture?" she asked in a sweet, innocent voice. "Er-I think it's best if I didn't-" you cut him off. "Here! I can take the picture!" you said getting up and taking the camera from her grasp and shooing him into the screen. You snapped the picture and she was off. "Thank you Y/N," Louis said lying next to you, "That was really sweet of you."