Shackles Of Love (Part 5)

The gunshot was deafening and Phil screamed because he had no idea what to do. He was crouching down covering his ears. He was positive that Dan was hit. He didn't know what to do. Run his mind screamed but his legs had turned to jelly. He couldn't open his eyes. He couldn't move. He didn't want to see a possibly dead Dan on the ground.

There was another sound of a gunshot and Phil felt hot tears streaming down his face. This was the breaking point. They were possibly coming for him and they might kill him too. But he couldn't make himself even move.

And then he felt a hand on his shoulders. He was expecting to be dragged and thrown around but the touch and the warmth was gentle and reassuring.

"Phil" he heard Dan's silky voice. "Everything's okay"

And Phil dared to open his eyes and there was Dan smiling despite having a deep gash on his left cheek. 

Phil hugged Dan tighter than he ever had. He buried his face in the crook of Dan's neck and he was still sobbing as Dan was gently rubbing his back.

"I thought you died" Phil said between sobs.

"I am here and I am fine" Dan said kissing the top of Phil's head. "I just got shot on my arm"

"What?"Phil asked completely scared.

"Baby I am fine. It doesn't even hurt that much" Dan said.

"Let me see" Phil said taking his arm. He almost fainted at the sight of the blood. He always got sick when he saw blood. Especially now that it was Dan's blood.

"What are you gonna do?" Phil asked.

"Just wrap it up" Dan answered. "Till we find a doctor"

"This is all my fault" Phil said tearing up a little.

"No it isn't I..." Dan began and they heard rapid footsteps again. Dan got up immediately and grabbed Phil's hand and they ran knowing that the crunch of the dry leaves beneath their feet created a lot of sound and they could be tracked down so easily.

There was a muscled man a rifle around his arm and Dan and Phil were hidden behind a cluster of trees. Only a turn of his head and he would see them. So they had to be very careful. Gentle little steps, They went back and he went forward soon finding out the body of his friend lying on the ground. A loud howl escaped from his mouth as he bent over. Dan ran with Phil and they found a big boulder like structure to hide themselves as they watched the man weep silently.

For a second Phil felt bad but then he remembered what that man had done to Dan and all of the sympathy vanished in a second. The muscled man stood up and wiped his face taking out his phone.

"They ran away" Phil heard.

"Yes"

"I'll kill Howell straight away when I find him"

Phil gulped his hands tightening around Dan's. They were feet away from the man who had just promised he would kill Dan. Phil was worried sick but Dan seemed unfazed.

"Back up yes" the man's gruff voice said. "I have to bury Samuel first"

And the muscled man ended his call. He went back to the dead man and picked up as if he was feather light before walking away in the other direction. Phil's eyes followed him until he was sure that he can't see or hear them.

"Dan what are we gonna do?" 

Dan bit his lip. He seemed a little clueless and now Phil was really worried because Dan was supposed to know what to do. What if they find him and kill him? How would Phil live knowing that his crazy stupid idea got Dan killed. He can't live with that.