Chapter 35 - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

"Up," Lei said as Raquel stood up.
"Wait a minute aren't you my driver?" Sofia asked.
Cas chuckled as he looked at Sofia
"I have many jobs, one of them is cleaning up messes and you two are a blemish I need to wipe off the face of this earth," he said. "Raquel do you want to go back and see Dr Devonport?" Cas asked referring to Devon.
She quickly shook her head no as Cas slowly handed her a gun.
"Shoot her right between the eyes, make it look good my dear," he said as Sofia visibly paled.

"What do you think you are doing. You can't make her do this," she barked as Raquel murmured, "I'm sorry mom," as she pulled the trigger trembling with fear.
"Now next you are going to take away the pain. Don't you want it to go away," he whispered softly as she nodded her head yes.
Raising the gun to her head she pulled the trigger crumbling to the floor in an instant.
"Didn't even have to raise a finger," Vlad said as they walked out removing the work-suites they were wearing so as to not contaminate the scene of the crime.

Cas knew the police officers would contaminate the scene themselves before any forensic specialist arrived.

"It's done," Cas said to Linc over the receiver.
"Thank you Cas," he simply stated ending the call.

----

"Everything is sorted love," he said as she shrugged on a sweater.
"That's good news indeed. Now we don't have to worry anymore," she replied her voice muffled by the sweater as Linc moved towards her to pull it down.
"Linc what are you doing?" She asked as he began to pull it up.

"Why do you ask questions you already have the answers to love," he said as she realized he hadn't even dressed.
"Oh no you don't," she said grabbing the sweater out of his hands making a run for it. She heard his laughter making her smile as she realized, for once her life would be normal once more. She wouldn't have to be away from her babies or her family.

------

Present time

"Are you sure we will finish all of this food?"
"Well if you were with child, we wouldn't be having such a discussion would we now love?"
Mel looked at him, her mouth hanging open.
"Did you just insinuate that I only eat when knocked up," she said as he fell onto the pillows.
"Now love, why would I say that. You already know it's true," he answered with a mischievous smile.

Mel grabbed a pillow throwing it at him which resulted in a pillow fight as Mel watched her children deal with their father whilst she held a sleeping Tessa, which was a surprise for her to be sleeping through all the noise....

-----------------

20 years later

"Oh come on, get a room," Zach grumbled walking into the kitchen followed by his siblings.
Linc and Mel chuckled still in each other's arms.
"Good morning mom, dad," Tessa said giving them both a hug.
"Good morning, sweety," they both said. Rose and Ryan greeted them next before taking their seats on the counter.

"Shall we love," Linc said taking her hand.
"We shall," she said leaning up for a kiss which he happily obliged her with. Looking at their children they saw them rolling their eyes which made them laugh out loud.
Taking a seat on the breakfast table Mel dished out some food for Linc taking his plate to him.
"Wait I thought you said you were going somewhere," Ryan said.
"Yes after breakfast," Linc said patting his lap for Mel.

"I have somewhere to be," Rose piped up standing up.
"I'll join you," her brothers said simultaneously standing up to follow her.
"Guys wait up for me," Tessa said grabbing a piece of her toast.
Chuckling they watched their children leave, most likely to see their uncle or grandparents. All grown up they thought of how much their lives had changed over the years, Zach a recent graduate and already helping his father with the company, the twins currently in university with Rose majoring in fashion designing, Ryan studying engineering and computer sciences and Tess in her first year of law school. What more could they ask for they wondered as they looked into each other's eyes.

"When you two are done with breakfast just inform me," Andre said turning to leave the kitchen.
"Why is everyone always leaving us?" Mel asked with a frown making Linc chuckle.
"Sweetheart please tell me you are joking right now," he said as she moved off his lap to sit next to him.
"What?" She asked in confusion.
"Because of this," he said claiming her lips sending her to infinity and beyond. He could still take her far with just a simple kiss after all these years.
"Oh," she said placing a hand on his chest feeling his steady heart beat against her palm as she blushed.

"Shall we go find our kids," he said standing up after they were done with their meal.
"Yes let's do that. Wait what about our anniversary plans?"
"I just want to spend time with my family, no one else," he whispered kissing her forehead taking his phone out.
"Okay," she said leaning into him.

"Where are they?" He said into the phone. "Thought as much."
Driving to Ethan's house they arrived to find everyone in the swimming pool.
"Brother it's so good of you to join us," Ethan called out as they made their way towards him.
"Happy anniversary," Lia said hugging them.
"Thank you," Mel beamed before she heard.

"Mom, dad. How did you find us?" Tessa said before looking at her bracelet.
They all had the similar bracelet and could never remove them.
"This is a violation of my rights as a human being," Tessa said.
"Yes tell that to your fathers business enemies," Mel said with a smile.

They knew not to argue with their mother especially on matters of their wellbeing. This was after she had told them all that had occurred during their youth.
"Hmmm should we leave them and just spend our anniversary elsewhere."
"Well, as long as there is food and a bed, fine by me."
"And me?" He said.
"Of course with you. After all I need you to cater to my hearts desires," she said wrapping her arms around his neck as he straightened up lifting her off her feet.
"Oh come on," they heard Ryan cry out as they kissed completely lost in each other as Charlie 1 arrived.

~~~Finally The End~~~

Whew it has come to end.
Hope you aren't disappointed with the ending, tried to make it sweet, sort everyone out, those whose deaths were still pending were handled, those you thought had died, were not dead 😂.

Thank you for your awesome support.

Moving on to His Achilles Heel now, still to finish Dante and Draco's story, major writers block but hopefully something will come up soon 😃