Chapter 34

"Mrs Shields over here. How is it that you are alive after four months of being presumed dead?"
"My husband was persist in his search for me. I had lost my memory and was in the care of a doctor off the coast of Starfish island. The locals there helped jog my memory as they took care of me. They didn't know who I was hence their silence and let's just say not everyone watches the news," Mel lied as they swallowed the lies.

What they didn't know is that Cas owned that island and had helped fabricate the lie.
"My wife needs her rest now ladies and gentlemen," he said taking her away.

Arriving home with the baby she kind everyone there as they surprised her.
"You didn't have to do this," she smiled as they walked towards her to hug her as well as see the little bundle of joy.
"This is your little sister Tessa," she whispered as Zach and the twins looked at her in awe. "You guys have to be really quiet so she can sleep and grow up fast," she said as the twins nodded their heads vigorously.
The adults chuckled knowing this was definitely going to be a problem.

After leaving Tess in their room Linc returned to find Mel laughing with the other ladies clearly enjoying herself. No one would think in a few days she would be dishing out pain to another human being.

-----

A week later

"Melinda good to see you. Has it been that long last time I saw you, you were...pregnant," Cas said making Vlad and Lei laugh as she sent him a questioning look.
"Did you just say I look fat?" She asked making the other two stop laughing.
"Oh, oh," she heard Lei say as he cleared his throat.

"I..I..no..I didn't mean..." Cas stuttered.
Mel and Linc burst into laughter as the others visibly relaxed.
"I hope you come bearing gifts," she said as they entered the car.
"Of course," Vlad said relaxing in his seat.

Lia and Rebecca were taking care of the children hence they were not worried even though it hurt her to leave her youngest daughter for just a few hours.
Linc wheeled her into the dimly lit room as they came face to face with a chained up Marco.
"You are going to pay for this," Marco yelled as struggled to get free. "I should have killed you!" Marco spat looking at Mel.

Mel let out an audible sigh as everyone remained silent. Devon wheeled Enrique in slapping his several states times to get him to stay awake. He was completely wasted, sedated most of the time hence he didn't even recognize Marco. Mel looked at Marco who had gone pale.
"Remember that day I said you would surely pay for what you did to me," Mel said as she removed her feet from the leg rests of the chair.

Both Marco and Enrique's eyes widened in shock as Linc held out his hand to help her up.
"Thank you darling," she purred taking a few steps.

"You shouldn't be able to walk. You can't walk we made sure if this," Marco said weakly.
"You hired the wrong people, idiot," Vlad said.
Lei went and crouched before him. "You see dear Marco when you threatened The Butchers family you made a mistake. I mean why would you do that to am man we all know. A very very good man."

"Tell me Marco what happened to you. You were one of us then decided to go rogue just to become our enemy."
"I was never one of you. I was better that all of you," he spat.
"See that's the attitude that had put you in such a predicament," Lei said wagging his finger at him.
"I don't care what you do to me, but my family will avenge my death."

"Oh dear Marco you see that is were you are wrong," Cas said switching on his iPad. "I know how you love to visualize everything," Cas smiled.
Marco watched as his entire family was wiped out all over the globe including his loyal followers as feed after feed people were eliminated.
"No, no, no," Marco cried.