"Well, I -" I said. But then I dropped it. "Okay."

"Why?" Amy asked. "I mean, he's only a friend ... so far - Draco, this is the first day I've been exposed to normal people in the longest time ever, please do not ask me these things!"

"Er -"

Just then, a bunch of people came thundering down from the dorms. I blushed and turned away, embarrased as hell.

 Shit, I thought. That went well.

AMY'S POV

I arranged my stuff for class. I had Snape, Umbridge, and the oaf, Hagrid, all first. It basically sucked. Even though Snape was our Head of House, and a Death Eater, although no one knew that except other Death Eaters, all of the Slytherins thought he was strict. Umbridge, well, who knows anything about her? She seemed like a bitch. Girly and pink. Just how I hate 'em. Hagrid was an oaf. Plus he was friends with Potter and his gang. Enough said. None of the Slytherins liked him.

I walked to Potions class with Draco. We sat down next to each other. I noticed that Potter, Weasley, and Mudblood-Granger were all in our class as well. Great. More spying time. I sat down and sighed. Draco seemed really on edge, and even embarrassed to an extent. Potter turned his head towards me. He narrowed his eyes slightly but waved nevertheless. I waved back, giving him my best smile, which probably wasn't very convincing.

Soon, Snape entered the room. The entire classroom fell silent. They all seemed terrified of him. He was a sort of scary person. Not to me, though. Having Voldemort as your father really makes you think about what's scary and what's not. Perspective, you know?

He marched down between the desks. As he reached the front of the room he turned around completely, facing us. His face was deadpan and serious. "Today, you will be brewing the Sleeping Draught potion. It is a rather simple potion. Most of you," he said, his eyes boring into Potter, "will be able to complete it. I want a sample of the potion on my desk after you are finished."

I sighed. Coming to Hogwarts really wasn't that fun after all. I suffered through class and turned in my adequate potion at the end of class. When we left the room I turned to Draco.

"Are all classes this boring?" I asked.

Draco smirked. "You get used to it," he said.

With a huff, I gathered my things. "I suppose it's better than nothing."

Defense Against the Dark Arts was next. Umbridge, the queen of all things pink, was sitting in the front of the room at the desk. She had a smug sort of smile on her face and the most disgusting, pretentious, condescending, pitiful expression. I wanted to rip the smile right from her face and stomp on it. I found myself glaring ahead of me. Draco nudged me.

"What?"

"You look like the Heir of Slytherin."

"I am - oh." I rolled my eyes and gave him the sweetest smile I could muster. He snorted and turned back to the front of the room.

When everyone was settled into their seats, Umbridge began class.

"I am Professor Umbridge, your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I will be teaching you all about a safe way to use spells. This is a risk free method which allows you to study the theory of the spells casted," she explained.

Many mutterings came up in the room. "Silence!" Umbridge said loudly. "This is a Ministry approved course that we promise you is completely risk free. Since you have had a wide, horrible variation of teachers that have strayed from Ministry approved courses, with the possible exception of Quirrell who at least taught things appropriate for your age level, I assure you I will be staying here for a very long time."

She said it as if she was threatening someone.

She continued. "This is a safe way to practice magic -"

"But it's not going to be safe if we're attacked!" Potter spoke up. "How is theory going to protect us from what's out there?"

"There is nothing out there!" Umbridge said. "Who would want to attack little children like yourselves?"

"Hmm, I dunno," Potter said. "Maybe Lord Voldemort?"

There was a lot of muttering around the classroom. Some in concern, some in disbelieving anger. "That is a lie. Let me make something quite clear to you all. You have been told that a certain Dark Wizard has returned. That. Is. A. Lie," Umbridge said.

"It's not a lie! I saw him! I fought him!" Potter protested.

"Detention, Mr. Potter!" Umbridge shrieked. "I will see you Saturday night."

I raised my eyebrows. Umbridge was the walking definition of a no-nonsense teacher. And Harry ... well, he was certainly right about my father being back, but I noted his determination. Potter was pretty passionate.

Class went on very slowly after that. It was boring, not having to use spells. Not that I need to practice spells or anything, but I hated suffering through this shit. It was pointless, learning how to protect myself from "what's out there." I am what's out there.

They're the one's who aren't safe from me.

I was going to tear down this place from the inside out.