Prologue

-------------------------

NANDINI

"What the hell, no! Diya...I wanted White orchids only for the decoration. No roses, no marigolds, just White orchids. Madhyam likes them and I can't afford to upset him. Afterall, if I won't respect his choices then who will? I am his to be wife. Diya, do anything you can, I want to see White orchids at my wedding, got it?"  I threw my phone on the bed and looked around irritatingly. Of course, I was irritated. There were many reasons, first of all. I was not sure if I will have an White orchid arrangement. Secondly, Madhyam was not picking the call.

Maybe, I am being unreasonable, he might be busy with his work and stuff. Also he has to take a break from his work due to our marriage and honeymoon. And suddenly, the mention of honeymoon made my cheeks go red. I have never let Madhyam touch me like that,  kiss was fine and that was only a few times. Intimacy was something which was always not a priority for me. No matter, how much Madhyam wanted to take our relationship to the next level, I have always wanted to wait. Because I wanted to hand myself over to the person whom I love, not my boyfriend. It was not that I didn't love, Madhyam. Of course, I did. But I never felt like getting intimate to him, that trust, that bond was still not strong. But now, everything is gonna be fine. We're getting married, what can be better than this?

Shoot! I had to talk to Madhyam about mandap decorations. But he is not picking the call, forget it. I'll just go to his home, itself. "Amma, I am coming from Madhyam's home. We need to discuss about wedding mandap decorations." I shouted from my room as I packed my stuff in the purse and looked at myself in the mirror to see if I was looking okay.

"Nandu... you should not meet Madhyam now. As there are very few days left for the wedding, it is considered inauspicious." Amma remarked as she entered my room. "Amma..you know na..I don't believe in these things. Nothing is inauspicious, it is just in our minds." I spoke as I combed my hair and Amma just rolled her eyes. "Nandu is right..Pallavi. Stop thinking all this, it's fine." Appa said as he came into my room and I smiled because my saviour was here. I smiled back to him as I went to him for a hug and he stroked my forehead lovingly. "Like father, like daughter. Ab what can I do. Do what you want to do." Amma spoke mockingly and left to do kitchen chores while I looked at Appa with concern and he gave an assuring nod.

"You go, he must be waiting for you. These moments are precious, do not miss them. Once, you become Mrs Singhania, then you'll not be able to enjoy these moments of bliss. Go and come early, okay?" Appa said and I nodded as I kissed him on the cheek and left.

I sat in the driving seat and murmured 'Mrs Singhania' and blushed. Finally, it was happening. My fairytale was coming true. College sweethearts were getting hitched. I wondered if Madhyam also get these goosebumps which I get. I was going to be his wife. It was magical. And I didn't wanted this magic to fade anytime soon.

****************

MANIK

"Can I know why did you reject this girl, Mr Manik Raj Malhotra?" I gulped down my saliva in my mouth which was forming due to nervousness. Some sweat beads appeared on my face as they trickled down my cheeks and I wiped them.

"Mom...actually..."

"Nyonika..bas bhi karo. He is our son, not a culprit. Go easy." Dad came to my rescue and said while I gave a slight smile to him. "I know, beta hai hamara. That's why I have been quiet when he rejected 36 girls till now. But, now it's enough. I want to know his problem." Mom answered and turned back to me.

"So, tell me now. Why did you reject her?" Mom asked again and I tried to speak when I was again interrupted by Cabir.

"Manik, it's time to tell the truth. Kab tak reject karta rahega. Tell your family your darkest secret. Tell him your relationship status with Rahul. Tell him Manik. Tell him!"

Iss Cabir ki toh. I jumped from my seat to hit Cabir when Mom shouted. "No, Manik. This can't be true, you're not gay, are you? Beta if you are, then we'll support you but I want to play with my grandchildren, I want to see your wife, beta."

"Mom, I am not gay! I am straight and I like women. And for god's sake, Cabir Shut your fucking mouth." I spoke and punched him on his stomach while Mom looked on and Dad giggled. "Who is this Rahul, then?" Mom asked snatching the potato chips packet from Cabir who was munching it throughout the session.

"Aunty, aapne Rahul ka naam nahi suna? Kuch kuch hota hai wala?" Cabir spoke earning a glare from Nyonika while Manik hit him again on his head. "Cabir, shut up. And Mom, I am not saying that the girls you selected for me lacked something. They had everything which a man wants for his wife. But I don't want a wife, I want a best friend, I want a person who can understand me, who can make me feel loved and wanted. I don't want a girl who is fulfilling her duties towards home and kitchen, I want her to fulfill her duties towards me, by supporting me, by correcting me, sticking by me through thick and thin with no complaints and no demands. And when I'll find that girl na, I'll do everything to keep her in my life, I won't let her go, ever."

I spoke as everything I said took me to my dream land where there was no one but me and my dream girl. I have always believed in the theory that there is someone for everyone who is here in this world just for that one person, to create a havoc in his senses, to change the dynamics of his world and I can't wait to get my dynamics changed.

"Oye, kahan kho gaya." Mom asked while I just blushed ruffling my hair. Mom smiled and patted my cheek lovingly. "I wish you find that someone soon. I can't wait to be a mother in law. Trust me, I am gonna be the coolest mother in law."

Mom spoke as she was lost in her own dreamland with her future daughter in law as I smiled. "And I am gonna be the coolest father in law." Dad spoke and I smiled more. My family is waiting for you to enter our lives, come soon na future wife.

---------------------------
Hello lovelies!

I am editing some parts of the story which are not up to the mark. The new parts will be updated only when the story is edited completely. Let me know how did you guys find the edited version!

Love,
TheSweetGirlYouKnow