Chapter 1// Leaving Home, To Return Home.

*Naomi at top*
Naomi's Pov:

It's not the best moment to wake up to a obnoxiously ringing phone at 5 a.m, I thought if I ignored it the pest of a caller would stop... It didn't.

"Hello?" I picked up with an exasperated tone.

"Naomi! Don't you pick up the phone to your mother with that tone." My mother, Tasha, said with her loud voice blaring through the phone speaker.

"Sorry mom, but did you not know it's very early over here? It's 5 in the morning mom!" I say annoyed. Since she lives in California, which is a different time zone from little old North Carolina, I'm sure it's evening there.

"Oh pfft, Whatever. I was calling to inform you on the business move. We, Well, I decided it'll be best to move work here." She says excitedly.

Oh, did I mention I'm CEO at my parents company here?

"Mom!" I sigh, rubbing my temples. "Then how will I pay my bills?"

I heard a pause then I heard in a low voice. "That's why I moved you here, you have a house ready."

I blink, then glares at her through the phone. "Say what?"

She clears her throat. "Well I've moved you back home, how can we protect you if you're many miles away!?"

I retort. "Mom! I'm 29, I can protect myself." I look up at the ceiling trying not to explode at her because I know she won't have a problem flying here and smacking some taste in my mouth.

"Fine, Mom. I'll be on the first flight there." I say defeatedly.

I could practically hear her smile in her voice. "Okay! That's great, see you soon darling. Bye." She quickly hangs up before hearing my farewell.

I sigh, flipping the covers off me as I know the news will restrain me from sleeping. I go to the bathroom sluggishly, stripping off my clothes and begins showering, washing my hair to dampen my twist out.

As I finally finish, I step out and dries off, seeing my mirror fogged and I wipe it till I see myself clearing as I brush my teeth.

When I finish my routine and my curly, back length hair is in curls, I changed it my outfit (above in the description box.). I begin to pack all my clothing in roller bags, making a mental note of telling the movers to grab the bags of clothing I couldn't carry. I roll the two bags down the driveway, looking back at the house that holds many of my memories for the past 7 years and I whisper a goodbye.