52: CRYSTAL GLOVES

GALASIA POV

She stared at the ceiling lost in thought. Already she had noticed an hour or so ago that she had forgotten some of the information Galiathan had spoken. Left behind was the main facts: she had parents who loved her, Edrich and Javana were terrible people who were tricking the people of Terra, she was not a witch, and something about soothers. She groaned and turned onto her side.

She scratched her neck, now drying up and itching. Her magic or maybe her blood was boiling wild through her veins tempting her to spill some blood. She clenched her hands into fists and nibbled on her lips. The bitter taste of her black lipstick was finally disappearing. Chill bumps appeared along her arms and the glass chains around her wrists irritated her skin.

The bruise on the left side of her face had healed, but how she got it only added fuel to her anger. She could break out of the little cell they had pushed her in by using what sorcery or magic lingering within her bloodstream. But her weakening memory did remember what Galiathan had instructed her.

Whatever you do, do not provoke them they will not hesitate to kill you. I will find a way to get you out. Remember you're Princess Galasia Moss.

Princess Galasia Moss, she said aloud liking how it felt on her lips. It felt better than the name Nightingale or witch on that matter.

Was she really a princess? She tried to remember what Galiathan had said and thankfully a grit popped up. Her parents were the royal family of Terra before Edrich and Javana conquered it. She smirked only for it to vanish when she realized it was only an amount of time before she forgot Galiathan's message and everything else too.

She wrapped her arms across her chest and shivered. The summer's warm air had dropped as night fell. The soldiers had locked her up in a dark cell with no food or drink. She recapped the terrible day. Standing in the trees watching the knight practice with his sword. Running from Mad Mist sent to kill her. Walking for hours beneath the world only to get plucked up from the ground and beaten like a dog who had just crapped on his master's boot.

A door creaked open down a short hall. The leader of the soldiers named Morsa came into view. In one hand was a pile of thin crackers and a red apple in the other. He slowly crunched into a cracker savoring its taste and showing off for his starving captive. The bronzian man was average height with a striking jawline. His bluish black eyes stared at her in a flirtatious manner as he chewed.

He rested his forehead on a bar and grinned. "You hungry orkram?"

Galasia scolded. When she didn't respond he gestured for a soldier to unlock the entrance. He strolled in. The soldier said something fear leaking from his voice.

Morsa chuckled, "Lon, ke veniyon." He waved the man away and he hesitantly went to stand by the door.

Galasia sat up as Morsa, unafraid of what she could do to him, came and sat beside her. He held out the apple.

"Take and eat," he said.

She swallowed, her throat dry and her stomach grumbling for a chance of being fulfilled. She eyed him suspiciously before taking the apple and sinking her teeth into it. From the corner of her eye she saw Morsa's eyes widened and heard him sharply inhale.

"You kill many of our girls."

So what, she said.

"What?" he said leaning ever so close. She leaned away and bit into the apple again. She growled hating her mute predicament. "Ah, you can't speak. They say in the exchange you let your skinny man do the talking."

You are fool to be talking to me, she said chewing the juicy sweet fruit. Her stomach bubbled with thanks.

"Men have said the orkram is an ugly hag," Morsa crunched into another cracker and sighed. "But...you look more beautiful than the queen."

Oh really, she rolled her eyes, sinking her teeth into the apple again.

"Your friend, Galiathan. He's a fool. He's trustworthy, but me no....lon lon lon, orkram." He whispered in her ear sending chills down her spine.

She didn't give him the decency of giving him her full attention. She continued eating knowing she could twist his neck in a heartbeat if she wanted...if he tried to do something stupid.

"Is it good?" he asked then dug into a pocket. He pulled out a pair of white gloves with crystals sewn or engraved into its fabric. Galasia gasped and jumped to her feet. The cell violently spun. She held out her hands to catch her balance. He didn't budge only smiled.

"You know this? They say the eyes of the gods are made of crystal," he said. Her chest tightened causing her heart to skip some beats. Her breathing became short and fast.

"The sky is the Wall of Gems and Crystal, the lookin' orb of Gamael," he said leaning onto his knees. He fumbled around with the crystal-jeweled gloves.

Galasia stared at the apple falling in and out of focus. She dropped it and stumbled backwards into the bars. The strength in her legs caved in and slowly she slid to the floor. She growled, You poisoned me? But knew he couldn't hear or understand her.

"Ah, these gloves will withhold whatever magic or sorcery you have for as long as I want," he said rising to his feet. "For as long as they're on. A great gift the gods have given men. You soothers already are blessed. Oh well..."

She heard a soldier shout something. It was followed by the footsteps of soldiers approaching the cell door. She tried climbing to her feet but the world spun. A heavy pressure fell upon her shoulders and neck. The only thing she could do was crawl to a corner, but it was to no avail. Morsa and two soldiers were upon her. He yanked off her dirty white gloves, tugged her hands into the crystal ones, and belted them tight. Pain erupted from her hands sending sharp needles through all of her veins. She clenched her teeth to the muscle spasms claiming her hands and warping through her body.

Morsa laughed, "This shall subdue you for the trip. We will leave tonight, orkram in the silence of the night. We will be days ahead before your giant friend notice we're gone."

His voice deepened and fainted in and out of her hearing. Her head grew too heavy to hold. She plopped her head against the wall, throwing Morsa a dangerous glare before her blinking eyelids closed for good.

Morsa stood at his full height and looked at his soldiers with a great smile. "Come, King Vivorian awaits us."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I had googled crystal gloves and you would not believe the type of pretty gloves that popped up---made of crystals!!! Like it must be nice to be rich... Hey there my fellow readers. Please spare a vote if you enjoyed this chapter. And tell me what you think pretty please!!

Thank you, From GoldFantasy